• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

BRK Ghost Carbine, first 3 minute impression

Would you consider starting a separate thread to talk about that sweet Ghost carbine…?
Naw, let's keep this thread alive until OP comes back and posts some pics to back his claims. Unsubstantiated threads like this shouldn't be allowed to fade into oblivion...

To contradict the OP’s assessment of his rifle, here’s my Ghost Carbine with the latest power wheel and build quality is superb—very high-quality materials and no stupid plastic trigger blade (that cheapens the gun) like on some of the Eastern Bloc bullpups. Fit and finish on my Ghost is 👌. It is built like a fifth-generation jet fighter.

View attachment 314423
Q does the new power wheel.. has more adjustable power band that the original..that people were complaining.. I'm thinking on buying one..thanks

Naw, let's keep this thread alive until OP comes back and posts some pics to back his claims. Unsubstantiated threads like this shouldn't be allowed to fade into oblivion...
Why? The OP’s lack of a response, speaks volumes. Better to let this thread die. If the OP wishes, he can provide images and update. Or, start a new thread. I want to hear more about @spinj’s Ghost carbine.

Reactions: Smitty911
Why? The OP’s lack of a response, speaks volumes. Better to let this thread die. If the OP wiheheshes, he can provide images and update. Or, start a new thread. I want to hear more about @spinj’s Ghost carbine.
So he'll have a constant reminder that you can't just throw out crap like he did in the original post without providing some evidence to back his claim...and also have some accountability for stirring up chit then walking away.

Reactions: L4z4r0s and L.Leon
I can see from the pic that the gauges are small. But they are blacked out, low profile and I like them for a field gun. I can see the trigger guard almost has an aftermarket fit but definitely not a deal breaker. The only thing I find a bit shocking is the Bugbuster. But to each his own because if you’re going to hunt with it, the Bugbuster will get the job done.

I can see from the pic that the gauges are small. But they are blacked out, low profile and I like them for a field gun. I can see the trigger guard almost has an aftermarket fit but definitely not a deal breaker. The only thing I find a bit shocking is the Bugbuster. But to each his own because if you’re going to hunt with it, the Bugbuster will get the job done.
What do you mean about the trigger guard? It seems to be well put together.

What do you mean about the trigger guard? It seems to be well put together.
If you can see it then I wouldn’t concern yourself with it. We all look at fit and finish differently. With some guns you can tell what parts they outsourced from other places by how well they match up. Not a big deal as long as the gun doesn’t look like an abomination. BRK has nothing to worry about in that category. I’m only concerned about one thing before I buy one. And it isn’t cosmetic.

Reactions: L4z4r0s
I would like to add one more thing before this topic croaks because I see a good many members that I respect posting in this topic. We want to flame the OP for posting his first impressions that didn’t meet his expectations. We have all opened a gun box and saw something that we didn’t like if you’ve been in this game long enough. On the flip side, how many guys post their glowing first impressions or reviews about absolute turds and they don’t receive half the grief this guy did. If you want one, buy one. If you don’t like it, sell it or send it back.

@L4z4r0s, check out @Franklink, his in depth review/write up will provide you with lots of answers. Other well regarded members like @Centercut and @zx10wall have actually handle/shot them. Airguns of Arizona has a few videos that give you a great look at the Ghost. Good luck!
I read the first few pages back when the post was first created! Lost track of it due to work. Will continue reading! Thank you!!!

So far, from the few things I have read, I really like the gun!

Hope it hits local shops soon! (Here in Greece we have a BRK official distributor... but no word on the Ghost as of yet...).

I would like to add one more thing before this topic croaks because I see a good many members that I respect posting in this topic. We want to flame the OP for posting his first impressions that didn’t meet his expectations. We have all opened a gun box and saw something that we didn’t like if you’ve been in this game long enough. On the flip side, how many guys post their glowing first impressions or reviews about absolute turds and they don’t receive half the grief this guy did. If you want one, buy one. If you don’t like it, sell it or send it back.
I agree with @Vetmx, there is certainly no need to “flame” the OP.
You guys are right...even as someone who is not interested in owning a Ghost, I really disagree with how the OP went about this but I think I've made my feelings abundantly clear here already and will stop piling on...

Yen, let’s not kid ourselves. If the gun shows that it’s a spot on gun every time you take it out of the safe or case. Even if it sits for weeks, you and I will both have them by next summer. I would not hesitate to dump my M3 compact and M3 600mm and have a compact and normal BRK replace them if they match up power wise. I will wait for the guys I know that aren’t afraid to hate an airgun to post their thoughts before I go shopping.

Yen, let’s not kid ourselves. If the gun shows that it’s a spot on gun every time you take it out of the safe or case. Even if it sits for weeks, you and I will both have them by next summer. I would not hesitate to dump my M3 compact and M3 600mm and have a compact and normal BRK replace them if they match up power wise. I will wait for the guys I know that aren’t afraid to hate an airgun to post their thoughts before I go shopping.
Hey Frank, maybe I am kidding myself but (right now) I got no interest in moving off the Impact platform over to the Ghost...and I kind of see it as an either/or thing b/c I don't see myself owning both since they're too comparable in looks. Up until recently, I've never been much of a tinkering but having run out of new models to buy and an excess of hobby time during COVID, I've gotten to know my Impacts very well - better than any other rifle I've ever owned. I know my way around them and can quickly/easily make changes in their tune or even caliber/configuration swaps. So I'm going to take the time to enjoy the time and effort I've invested in getting to know the Impact and stick with them for awhile.

That said, I know they're not going to be my last PCP so if/when I get bored with them, the itch will strike for something new. For now, there's no itch.

Reactions: hussn32
Hey Frank, maybe I am kidding myself but (right now) I got no interest in moving off the Impact platform over to the Ghost...and I kind of see it as an either/or thing b/c I don't see myself owning both since they're too comparable in looks. Up until recently, I've never been much of a tinkering but having run out of new models to buy and an excess of hobby time during COVID, I've gotten to know my Impacts very well - better than any other rifle I've ever owned. I know my way around them and can quickly/easily make changes in their tune or even caliber/configuration swaps. So I'm going to take the time to enjoy the time and effort I've invested in getting to know the Impact and stick with them for awhile.

That said, I know they're not going to be my last PCP so if/when I get bored with them, the itch will strike for something new. For now, there's no itch.
Me either. But I don’t trust myself and I’m certainly not brand loyal. Having a gun completely figured out is a great place to be. Very comforting so I know what you’re saying. You’re in a good place with the Impact right now and that’s great.