• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

BRK Ghost Carbine, first 3 minute impression

After opening the nice, somewhat heavy plastic case, looking at the gun...I thought...nice !

But when my hands started "caressing" the frame and the bolted, part to part fitup, A mild depression set in ! First thought...If I were the designer, I'd be embarrassed that the part fitup is so bad. I even loosened the lower trigger guard to better center it on the main block...no-go, it was already as "centered" as it was going to get. That is without a bit of file work !

Lets hope that the main block and the rear piece of the frame can be better centered by loosening some fasteners and the parts moved around .

So far the part to part fit, is that of a $300 special ! My <$600 Kral Empire XS has better intimate, part to part fitup than this $2000 gun.

Lets hope that this gets better !!
Off to load, and do some shooting.

Oh yeah, what's up BRK, you couldn't use pressure gauges that are freaking readable without a magnifying glass ? Have to call on Huma for some readable gauges !

Mike

Can we get some pictures of what you're talking about? It would be better for people to see the issue(s) you're talking about before they start passing judgement on the fit and finish of this new rifle.

In any event, let's hope that you just had bad luck with this one and it is not indicative of the norm.

After opening the nice, somewhat heavy plastic case, looking at the gun...I thought...nice !

But when my hands started "caressing" the frame and the bolted, part to part fitup, A mild depression set in ! First thought...If I were the designer, I'd be embarrassed that the part fitup is so bad. I even loosened the lower trigger guard to better center it on the main block...no-go, it was already as "centered" as it was going to get. That is without a bit of file work !

Lets hope that the main block and the rear piece of the frame can be better centered by loosening some fasteners and the parts moved around .

So far the part to part fit, is that of a $300 special ! My <$600 Kral Empire XS has better intimate, part to part fitup than this $2000 gun.

Lets hope that this gets better !!
Off to load, and do some shooting.

Oh yeah, what's up BRK, you couldn't use pressure gauges that are freaking readable without a magnifying glass ? Have to call on Huma for some readable gauges !

Mike
Oof

Sometimes a rifle is sent with some minor topics that are easily tunned.

My wolverine arrived shooting by itself. Just a minor adjustment in the trigger and now I could not be happier with it.

Wait to see if it is a real problem or not.

Very few dealers made a real and detailed inspection of each rifle before packing and sending it.

Last edited:
I'm more than willing to compare photos, although I've shared photos of every sq cm of the review Ghost.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your handle jingles a few brain cells regarding only 2 or 3 AGN users who have actually handled Taipan Veterans and found things to gripe about. If that's the case, some people can always find something to complain about, trust me, I used to work in retail and filled in at my old haunt a few days ago and was sharply reminded of that fact. If I've got you confused with somebody else, I apologize in advance.

I'm more than willing to compare photos, although I've shared photos of every sq cm of the review Ghost.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your handle jingles a few brain cells regarding only 2 or 3 AGN users who have actually handled Taipan Veterans and found things to gripe about. If that's the case, some people can always find something to complain about, trust me, I used to work in retail and filled in at my old haunt a few days ago and was sharply reminded of that fact. If I've got you confused with somebody else, I apologize in advance.
NOTHING...to gripe about, other than I don't see the "Fan-Boy" following the Taipan line of guns have ! Well, yeah, I guess my one gripe is the cocking lever location in the 21'st century !
Many other guns on the market with as good or better overall, Engineering.

Sorry if I bother you Frank, but having most of my life, living in the Engineering world, things become obvious to me fairly quickly.

Mike

P.s. - The above observations are on MY...particular copy. Your version may be different .

Last edited:
Reactions: qball
NOTHING...to gripe about, other than I don't see the "Fan-Boy" following the Taipan line of guns have ! Well, yeah, I guess my one gripe is the cocking lever location in the 21'st century !
Many other guns on the market with as good or better overall, Engineering.

Sorry if I bother you Frank, but having most of my life, living in the Engineering world, things become obvious to me fairly quickly.

Mike

P.s. - The above observations are on MY...particular copy. Your version may be different .
You don't bother me at all, I don't even know you.

Let's compare photos when you get a minute. I'm quite curious. If texting would be easier shoot me your cell via PM and we can go that route, I'll even help you get them posted on here, again if you'd prefer or if it'd be easier for you to send them to me as texts.

Reactions: Deleted 45061
Will probably just deal with it. Though I'll make a call to the Airguns of Arizona guys with questions.

Will try for pictures, but not sure if my camera lens will be good for this close of...closeups. Plus, you need to see both sides of all of the malfitting edges. Lots of pictures.

Mike
Lots of photos would be good. Your original post was pretty harsh with lots of complaints and lots of exclaimation points. I'm just trying to understand all of the problems so I don't make a $2K mistake buying the same gun if it's a dud.

Lots of photos would be good. Your original post was pretty harsh with lots of complaints and lots of exclaimation points. I'm just trying to understand all of the problems so I don't make a $2K mistake buying the same gun if it's a dud.
Yeah, I saw:
  1. Case was too heavy
  2. Parts don't fit together well
  3. Small gauges
Heavy case means gun is protected. That's a pro.

Need to see your particular specimen for second gripe.

Small gauges I can kinda see your point, although they're pretty much the industry standard size as OEM gauges on a PCP.

Every forum, be it guns, vehicles, S x S and many others I have participated in, I have found people from the “engineering” world to be the most vocal, and self righteous about anything, and everything. I Believe what you are saying, but usually when I read something from an “engineer” I have learned to use the ignore button. sorry.

Every forum, be it guns, vehicles, S x S and many others I have participated in, I have found people from the “engineering” world to be the most vocal, and self righteous about anything, and everything. I Believe what you are saying, but usually when I read something from an “engineer” I have learned to use the ignore button. sorry.
My experience, here, you are missing out. Exceptions are to be expected, but are not the rule.
Carry on.
Back to the original OP.

Patrick

I believe what you’re saying. Most guns I buy come apart before I even shoot them. Many you’ve gotta be poopting me moments. Some guys live in denial the whole time they own something because their ego won’t let them admit they’ve made a mistake. Or it could be love because we know love is blind. Just tell it like it is. Not all reviews or impressions have to be sunrises and birds singing.