BRK Ghost Carbine...after the three minutes

Ok...seems many have read my initial thoughts on "my" BRK, Ghost.
No need to go back over that, as nothing has changed, including my thoughts. Although I did make a phone call to Airguns of Arizona. During the initial part of the phone call, the guy on that end seemed a bit perplexed by my question. But then he, all of a sudden, came back with, "yes, I see what you are talking about. This one has the same thing". But somewhat obviously, had no explanation.
But I had my answer, it isn't ONLY...MY gun with the ill fitting parts. So I was sorta satisfied, move on.

1671347159438.jpeg

After the initial three minutes -

I loosened a few fasteners, to see if I could get things better aligned. No luck. Move on !
Another oddity. The paperwork that I received with the gun, that has the shot string, and target. The Airguns of Arizona guy had no idea why they put...39 rounds through my gun ! On one hand, I really didn't care, on the other hand, I did have a certain, curiosity, was there a problem ? I didn't check, but there should be a name on the sheet. I may call again.
I found the bad fitting parts a bit odd, in that there are other items in the main part of the stock that are very good fitting, well designed with each other...go figure ! Although my cocking arm is a little sloppy, in the up and down movement. I may try and come up with something to shim it tighter, I may not. That's a it odd too I think.

The gun had some air in it, so I put a sight on it, and loaded up the magazine with some 18.1gr. JSB Match pellets. Took four rounds to align the sight. Even though the gun is a little forward heavy, it's pretty easy to hold (free hand shooting) on target. I put two magazines through the gun with zero problems. I watched the pressure gauges...as far as I could see the damned little faced things.

It's actually fairly quiet outta the box. Another surprise. I expected with the shorter shroud, that it might be louder, not so. Both at the 890fps (Airguns of Arizona) setting and my 800fps setting. But I tried on a single section of a Huma M40 Suppressor. That made it just that much more pleasant, while keeping the overall length...short. Yes, before you ask, the regulator is set at 100bar...near as I can tell !

I connected my MagnetoSpeed V3, Chronograph, checked where the Airguns of Arizona guys had it shooting. I messed with the "speed wheel" a little then found that I could set the desired 800(ish)fps pretty easily.
While I didn't notice any "leaking", per the regulator gauge, I did notice that during both magazines that the pellet speed, "picked UP" a few fps, before settling down. It acted the same way during both magazine shooting.

I did a little more visual on the gun. Then went in for a little trigger adjustment. Outta the box, the fist stage pull was a bit long and sort of stiff. So I adjusted the length of pull easy enough, but the spring pressure will be a bit tougher. The trigger post is, fore and aft, moveable. Unfortunately, whoever put these parts together, they put the post "over" the spring pressure adjusting set screw. No big deal, just move it back for now. Hmm, no luck. That screw turned out to be VERY tight. I'm a bit hesitant in trying too hard, as I don't want to strip the Allen head socket. I'll look for a larger Allen wrench, and try again. The wrench that came with the gun is too loose.
If you pull slowly on the trigger, it's a bit of a long pull, past the "wall", so that got adjusted too. While better, it either needs a little more adjustment.
The trigger mechanism is very strange on this gun. It seems to work, so that's all I'll say about that !

After noticing that the main part of the stock is...very much...the same as the Daystate Delta Wolf, as is the magazine. Why mess with a good thing, if it works I guess, and doesn't need altering...yet..!
I read people exclaiming that "THIS (their new gun !) gun is built like a tank" ! Even though, I think that many of these folks have never seen a...tank ! Having "bolted" together parts makes a very weak assembly, when put under unnatural loads.. THIS...(as is the Delta Wolf) gun has all of its main parts housed in one...single piece of heavy walled material. This supports all of its guts AND most of the barrel, at least in the short version, very securely. Which DOES...make this gun, built very sturdy, and should take the accidental dropping off the tailgate of your truck, happen without any structural damage.

Again, it's nice that most all of the parts under pressure are housed in one single piece of machined material, as noted above. That ol "Aircraft Aluminum" phrase...that means ZERO if you know anything about Aircraft ! There's moving parts in the buttpad part of the stock, but...most of its main working parts are very well supported.

Speaking of the butt pad, I adjusted that more to my liking. Then tried on a couple of different grips. I have one of those, somewhat rubber, barrel shaped grips. Na, then a plastic ERGO got fitted. It needed a little manipulating to get it to fit. Done. It feels a little better than the OEM part, so I'll leave it for now. I'll get another grip, like I have on one of my Daystate Pulsars. That's more comfortable. Seems to me I saw one of these early Ghosts that was tested in YouTube videos sometime back, that looked very much like an "AR" based grip. Wish they would have done that as there are MANY more...grip shapes, designed to choose from, vs., the "AK" based grip.

What else... In swapping the cocking lever over, I found the extra long, round "bar"...whatever it's name is...in the way, in its original position. So I left it standing tall, rather than being down by the trigger, after the swap.
As you might expect, the cocking action is nice and smooth, with no hard or difficult spots in the movement, even with its short lever arm.

One very nice thing...even though it's very well protected, it's got an actual barrel on it..! NOT one of those wimpy, thin walled, easy to bend pieces of tubing that another infamous brand uses, that everyone feels the need to crutch with a carbon fiber sleeve.
Another nice, modern day item, the air cylinder has a valve it it, so it can be removed without dumping all of its air pressure, as desired.

A few of the things that I did remove, it allowed me to put a little oil here and there. I'm not sure whom...but a few of it's moving parts have had some semi heavy grease put in place.

I guess that's enough for now. Other than a new grip, a couple of readable gauges, overall, yeah, I'm happy with the new gun. Long as everything continues to work as designed, I can overlook the bad fitting parts, and just shoot the thing..!

Mike

Any misspellings or not knowing the "actual" titles for a part, shall go unrealized and changeable as required at a later date.

Can you show an up close photo of the misaligned parts?

Tony P
Of course he “can”, but is refusing to… why so? Enough people here on AGN that I admire and respect have handle and shot the Ghost. It’s been a well received PCP. So, while I can‘t dispute the OPs take on his gun. I don’t have to believe it without visual proof.

The miss aligned parts he is referring to is between the main block and the rear block. The unique and clever way the valve is installed make the main valve the centering part for the rear block where the magazine lives. This design gives the user easy access to the valve for service or replacement. A user can replace the entire valve system in only a few minutes. The slight difference in surfaces may be a result of this. The factory will of course take note.

Rob

"it isn't ONLY...MY gun with the ill fitting parts".

Starting to sound like not ill-fitting at all; but perhaps by purposeful design. For instance, and likely an over-simple example of "ill fitting"- some guns' shrouds are meant to have a slight gap, rather than butt against the receiver.

RB's explanation makes sense. If that's what (apparently) caused the OP's initial distress, it's been addressed. Assuming so, the rest of his review seems...

Mostly positive? :unsure: