• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

BRK Ghost Carbine 22 review from an average "Joe"

As you may have noticed, many of us in TC name our guns... My .25 Red Wolf HP that was the #1 Daystate at EBR 2022 is named "Bullseye".
I've decided that my new .25 BRK Ghost will be "Foghorn"...
Which kind?
foghorn.jpg

Or?

leghorn.jpg

Reactions: Smitty911
So the son and I just got back from the dairy.....Yeah pretty nasty!!!!
IMG_7199.JPG

IMG_7200.JPG

IMG_7201.JPG

IMG_7202.JPG

We did have a great time though. Matt was shooting Headbanger an MKI crown in 22 with a 380mm barrel, my favorite hunting rifle I have. I , of course had Buster.....Matt did what Matt does🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 took a dove at 70 yards from offhand and giggled, next he took one at 60 yards offhand. I told the punk to sit down on his set of bucket and sticks....😎 I myself took a dove at 40 yards offhand and started to dance.....😀

Now for what I do not like about the Ghost...The AK grip (This could just be me) I didn't like the plastic one that came on the rifle and changed it out to the Ergo grip which I thought felt much better just handling the rifle. But shooting bucket and sticks the angle of the grip was uncomfortable for me. I have a Hogue grip I will try next on the rifle. I usually use a Ergo 0 degree grip on my rifles or on my Delta Wolf I have a 1911 setup which I love.

The butt pad has A LOT to be desired. It is way to slippery and I had to keep pushing it up onto my shoulder while shooting bucket and sticks. I will try some of the rubber grip tape on it next time. I have a butt hook on the Delta Wolf, but I don't want the added weight or the added cost of the PRS system. I have tried the 3D printed hooks on Headbanger and it broke while in my cabinet. I store rifles in their soft cases on their butts.

Last item I didn't like were the magazines. I have 1 factory magazine, after the last shot, it doesn't lock the cocking lever from going forward. Not sure how many puffs of air I pushed out until I realized it. The other factory mag stops the cocking handle from going forward on an empty chamber. When you are in a group of birds....11 rounds ,,,,,really that's all I get🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 Time to reach out to Chris at Midwest Elite and get a larger capacity magazine for hunting. No issues getting 50 + shots before refill even with the little bottle.

Overall I really like the ghost for hunting. The long shot of the day was at 104 yards with Buster. Most shots were 50-85 yards. Headbanger will be turned back into the H&N slug shooter it was before.

I always try to bring home 20 birds for the freezer and this time was no different.

Tony P.

Last edited:
Congratulations on such a shooter! Glad you didn't give up and thoroughly cleaned the barrel and polished it! Absolutely fantastic group! I would have quit at 3 too! LOL!
All of us have been there....shooting a great group and expecting the next shot to be a flier and spoil it.LOL TODAY you were victorious. Nice group.

So I did not like the buttpad on the ghost at all. For me it was too slippery and would never stay on my shoulder. I tried the grip tape "fix" and did not like the way it looked so I reached out to @NAIAD001 who makes a few butt hooks for the FX series rifles. Andy said to give him the measurements and he would see what he could do. Well I just sent him the pad and attachment screw.

I finally was home and attached the butthook and it fits perfect! I like the way it feels, the adjustments are right on, and I can take the bottom wing off if I want to. Here are a few photos.

Thanks Andy for taking the time and making this butt hook.

Tony P.

IMG_7344.JPG
IMG_7345.JPG

This is the one that’s on it…

Tony P