BRK Ghost Carbine 22 review from an average "Joe"

As you may have noticed, many of us in TC name our guns... My .25 Red Wolf HP that was the #1 Daystate at EBR 2022 is named "Bullseye".
I've decided that my new .25 BRK Ghost will be "Foghorn"...
Which kind?
foghorn.jpg

Or?

leghorn.jpg

Reactions: Smitty911
So the son and I just got back from the dairy.....Yeah pretty nasty!!!!
IMG_7199.JPG

IMG_7200.JPG

IMG_7201.JPG

IMG_7202.JPG

We did have a great time though. Matt was shooting Headbanger an MKI crown in 22 with a 380mm barrel, my favorite hunting rifle I have. I , of course had Buster.....Matt did what Matt does🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 took a dove at 70 yards from offhand and giggled, next he took one at 60 yards offhand. I told the punk to sit down on his set of bucket and sticks....😎 I myself took a dove at 40 yards offhand and started to dance.....😀

Now for what I do not like about the Ghost...The AK grip (This could just be me) I didn't like the plastic one that came on the rifle and changed it out to the Ergo grip which I thought felt much better just handling the rifle. But shooting bucket and sticks the angle of the grip was uncomfortable for me. I have a Hogue grip I will try next on the rifle. I usually use a Ergo 0 degree grip on my rifles or on my Delta Wolf I have a 1911 setup which I love.

The butt pad has A LOT to be desired. It is way to slippery and I had to keep pushing it up onto my shoulder while shooting bucket and sticks. I will try some of the rubber grip tape on it next time. I have a butt hook on the Delta Wolf, but I don't want the added weight or the added cost of the PRS system. I have tried the 3D printed hooks on Headbanger and it broke while in my cabinet. I store rifles in their soft cases on their butts.

Last item I didn't like were the magazines. I have 1 factory magazine, after the last shot, it doesn't lock the cocking lever from going forward. Not sure how many puffs of air I pushed out until I realized it. The other factory mag stops the cocking handle from going forward on an empty chamber. When you are in a group of birds....11 rounds ,,,,,really that's all I get🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 Time to reach out to Chris at Midwest Elite and get a larger capacity magazine for hunting. No issues getting 50 + shots before refill even with the little bottle.

Overall I really like the ghost for hunting. The long shot of the day was at 104 yards with Buster. Most shots were 50-85 yards. Headbanger will be turned back into the H&N slug shooter it was before.

I always try to bring home 20 birds for the freezer and this time was no different.

Tony P.

Last edited:
Congratulations on such a shooter! Glad you didn't give up and thoroughly cleaned the barrel and polished it! Absolutely fantastic group! I would have quit at 3 too! LOL!
All of us have been there....shooting a great group and expecting the next shot to be a flier and spoil it.LOL TODAY you were victorious. Nice group.

So I did not like the buttpad on the ghost at all. For me it was too slippery and would never stay on my shoulder. I tried the grip tape "fix" and did not like the way it looked so I reached out to @NAIAD001 who makes a few butt hooks for the FX series rifles. Andy said to give him the measurements and he would see what he could do. Well I just sent him the pad and attachment screw.

I finally was home and attached the butthook and it fits perfect! I like the way it feels, the adjustments are right on, and I can take the bottom wing off if I want to. Here are a few photos.

Thanks Andy for taking the time and making this butt hook.

Tony P.

IMG_7344.JPG
IMG_7345.JPG

This is the one that’s on it…

Tony P