• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

BRK Ghost Carbine 22 review from an average "Joe"

Yardage turret all set up with numbers and Buster might just go to Extreme Field Target on Saturday 🤔 I have Buster shooting the JSB 18's at 865....Another target from yesterday prone.....And yes I shanked the 5th shot 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Tony P.

IMG_7525.JPG

Yardage turret all set up with numbers and Buster might just go to Extreme Field Target on Saturday 🤔 I have Buster shooting the JSB 18's at 865....Another target from yesterday prone.....And yes I shanked the 5th shot 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Tony P.

View attachment 334970
50 yards? Buster is a shooter. I’d be very interested to see how it does at EFT. Let us know!

Reactions: pesty3782
Well I let Buster down today.....We only got 25 out of the 48 possible at EFT.....Boy the wind was not playing nice at all. The 100 yard targets I did hit I had to hold off 3 Mils.....It was a fun day learning what this little rifle could do. When I read the wind correctly I would hit, but the wind beat me good today 😂😂😂😂😂

Tony P.

Well I let Buster down today.....We only got 25 out of the 48 possible at EFT.....Boy the wind was not playing nice at all. The 100 yard targets I did hit I had to hold off 3 Mils.....It was a fun day learning what this little rifle could do. When I read the wind correctly I would hit, but the wind beat me good today 😂😂😂😂😂

Tony P.

Nice!!! 100 yards with 18 grain pellet at 800FPS is no gun! Time to upgrade to heavier/better BC pellets or slugs.

Usually letting a newbie borrow your numero uno is rewarding in and of itself. I've done it more than once and always felt it was the right choice. Not only do they get to experience the pinnacle of performance (for the given competition), but it gives you a chance to shoot a gun that you wouldn't typically grab first, which is always fun. Makes you appreciate the numero uno that much more, newbie gets a feel for the best that can be had, and takes the pressure off of yourself to win, and rather just have fun and shoot for the sheer pleasure of shooting.

Troy did extremely well shooting your dedicated long ranger with the 34 grain .25s.

Reactions: L.Leon
Well Buster was a little lonely being the only ghost in the house so I ended up picking up a 30 cal Ghost and brought it home. So Buster is no longer lonely and has a big brother Specter....

Specter came shooting pretty hot at 960 FPS with the 44's so I slowed him down a bit to 900. I have about 50 rounds through Specter so far and plan to try him at EFT on Saturday.

Targets are at 50 yards...

Need more time behind the trigger, but weather has not corporated...

Tony P.

IMG_7683.JPG
IMG_7684.JPG
IMG_7687.JPG
IMG_7688.JPG
IMG_7682.JPG

I could not get the 30 DW to shoot like I thought it should...Even the wife didn't get "good" groups. So I traded it in...I shot a few 30's at AOA and one of the employee's was sighting in a 30 ghost to go coyote hunting with and he let me try it.

When I put it up to my shoulder there was that feeling of an old friend. Very similar to when I take Skeleter out and shoot it. So I waited for a 30 ghost to arrive. Of course a few tweaks here and there (trigger, cocking handle to left side, and a different grip) I figured if it shoots anywhere close to Buster, it would be a winner and so far it is showing promise.

I hope to try 50's today before all the rain comes again to see how it likes them and I might slow the 44's down a little more to see if the groups get smaller....But as it sits now at 50 yards the groups are half, of the best group I could get out of the DW at any speed.

Tony P.

Last edited:
Scott

Hope you like the ghost as much as I do. Specter (30 cal) did great a Textreme for the 2 day GP shoot. Specter will be going to RMAC with me in a few days.

Barb and I were at Rio Salado last night and the wind was howling!!!! 1 shot needed 2 mils of hold then next shot 4 mils of hold. It was brutal to say the least.

Tony P.

Reactions: EDventure