BRK Ghost .25 Cal

Ok, I've had the Ghost for a little while, prior to today maybe three mags through it. So today I had some time and thought I'd fool around with it and see how it goes.

Here's the setup.
Ghost .25 Cal No Moderator (I have a 0dB just didn't put it on for this.)
JSB King Heavy Diabolo 33.95 Grain.
25 yard Target
ATN 4K Pro (it's not the best daytime scope, I put it on to take care of a critter and then the critter just moved away before I got to it.) Aztec 5.5 x 25 will be going back on soon.
Shooting off a bench on a Caldwell sled (supports the front in the Padded V and the Rear in a Padded U shape.
LabRadar Chrono (sometimes that thing is a bigger pain than it needs to be. You have to shoot really slow between shots and have the mic close. I have the parts for a physical switch just need to solder it up, and their App sucks)
Started with 3,500 PSI in the tank, Regulator is factory set at 140, Dialed the Power Wheel down to 1 (Didn't notice the "min") shot 5 shots at each target from the mag. Refilled after every 5 shots to make sure I was staying above Reg Pressure.

Below is a picture of the 5 shot groups at 25 yards (26 if you want to exact Laser Range Finder).
So looking at the groups below a couple seem to stand out as better than the others. Groups 3, 5, 8, 12, 14, and 18 Seem to be the best to me. If the LabRadar didn't flake on me I would have been able to tell you the Average Speed per Setting at each of the settings. Area 1 = 832-875 Area 2 = 889-903 So out of the 100 shots I took (20 areas @ 5 shots each) I have 36 tracks from the LabRadar.

So the plan from here is to move the target out to 50 yards, replace the ATN 4k Pro with my Aztec, and shoot Setting Numbers 3, 5, 8, 12, 14, 18 and check for accuracy.

I said all that to say this. Once I have a speed at which works out of my rifle, I have the question. Is there a difference between lowering the Reg Pressure and upping the power wheel or increasing Reg pressure and lowering the power wheel? How does/will that effect shot count? With so few pellets through it are we still going to be dealing with Break-In? I've polished the bore (Bore paste), nothing done to the trigger, stock as stock can get.

I'll be repeating this test with the lighter JSB Exact King 25.30 Grain.
I'm off to stuff some old jeans in my Pellet Trap, so the stray cat my wife feeds comes back (or not :ROFLMAO: ;)). And I have to fire up the Young Heng and refill my bottle. I think I need a larger one at this point.

Thanks for any suggestions, pointers, Internet Rumors, et al.

Smitty

20230625_160741.jpg

Reactions: L.Leon and bdzjlz
Have a ghost 25. Started with reg a 125 got 50 shots @ 905 turned reg up to 135 still about 50 (its close) 935 avg both power wheel on 18. Am sticking with the 935 for the 33.9 as i shot a 216 and 217 @ 100 and had a better score yet on the run today but made a blunder and skipped 2 targets and didn’t notice till I got home. Love my 2 ghosts!!👻👻

Have a ghost 25. Started with reg a 125 got 50 shots @ 905 turned reg up to 135 still about 50 (its close) 935 avg both power wheel on 18. Am sticking with the 935 for the 33.9 as i shot a 216 and 217 @ 100 and had a better score yet on the run today but made a blunder and skipped 2 targets and didn’t notice till I got home. Love my 2 ghosts!!👻👻
Solo1,

Thanks for the information. I'll play around with it some more on Tuesday and see where we are. I plan on moving out to 50 yards with my other scope so I can at least see the targets. I believe the distance will make fine tuning easier.

How many shots have you gone through to get everything broken in and smooth? With less than a tin shot, I'm not sure everything has settled in.
I also have to refill my bottle so break out the compressor.

Smitty

I’ve probably put 1000 pellets down the pipe. I pushed a pellet thru right after i got it and cleaned the barrel which i would suggest. I’ve read quite a few saying it was pretty dirty new though mine didn’t seem too bad. Mine has a pretty tight choke so I’ve hit the choke area twice with polish. Don’t know how much it has changed but it shot the test target well that was at 50 i think and it seems to shoot well at various speeds. Id give it a go with the reg at 135 with the 33.9 jsb and play with the wheel a bit first should give good shot count and accuracy. Something i forgot to mention is i have a 580 cc bottle on mine. Good luck and let us know how you make out!