Bright Idea? What say you?

What say you fellow airgunners? I like the idea of a scope with a built in level but not how they have been implemented so far.
So I had this idea:
Install a small mercury switch into a scope with an illuminated recticle. The switch turns the crosshair illumination on or off when the scope is level or could change the color of the crosshair. Could also be made as an add on conversion for some existing scopes. Any merit to this idea or would it sink like a screen door submarine?

Agree, electronics would be easier, sturdier and cheaper (mass produced). Heck, more enviromentally friendly also! Yeah, I admit it. I'm behind the technology curve. I wish that I had the time and resources to produce a prototype. Guess I'm throwing the idea out there for someone to tinker with. Anyone know a person in the industry I can send my idea to? Maybe they will give me one of the scopes if they build them. Call them the "Rodeo" line of scopes. Lol

Looked up Sig's system. It's called LevelPlex. It indicates canted direction and degree using illuminated arrows. Sounds like s nice set up. I think this tech could be incorporated into an "affordable" line of scopes. I'll keep using the UTG EZ Tap as my example. I don't really need what the EZ Tap can do but if they modify the electronics in them to indicate level - I'm buying one. It would not need to have the indicators that the Sig unit has. All it would need to do is indicate whether it is or is not level. With a slight shift I can figure out if it's canted right or left. Use your rifle once or twice and you will do it almost instinctively. I think UTG could do this and do it for far less than what it cost them to put the bubble inside the level.