• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch Breech Seal Vendors (HW35)

Hi All,

I am looking for a vendor who can ship me a breech seal with a reasonable cost for postage. I am located in the US. The domestic source I found with the part I needed was AoA and they wanted to charge me almost $19 for shipping a $7 dollar part... yea... should have ordered it when I brought pellets and other stuff from them... but needs were time and use driven... and my current source is Utah Arms.

Found no one in the classified section.

No local air gun supply stores or gunsmiths locally.

Club members unable to provide spare parts.

Seal "wanted" is for a 40 year old Weihrauch HW35.

I have no problem buying extras and keeping a backup supply. USPS first class postage in a small envelope should just be a few bucks.

Reading up, understand there is a common size for the HW line of break action gun... am I correct? Additionally, is this a part that require replacement frequently? What indicators when a new one is needed? Any lessons learned (best practices) on how to replace that part be appreciated.

Thanks

Bob H
Tacoma WA

Make sure you get the white Weihrauch OE. They have the right thickness and durometer. Most of the aftermarket like the blue Air Venturi and the black Vortek will cause barrel droop and poor lock up. The green one ARH are good but won't last as long as the OE ones.

Also don't order any Weihrauch seals from PA. They substitute their Air Venturi house brand which suck.