• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Breech seal question

New guy here. Thank you for adding me. Question for the group. I have an older Gamo 220 hunter that I got a long time ago. Close out from Cabelas. It’s always been crazy accurate right up until I replaced the breech seal. Now the gun doesn’t seem to lock up consistent and strings shots up and down a target. Is there something I need to do after replacing that seal to get a good lockup ? TIA

It may take some time for the new seal to develop some compression set. Meaning it may not be fully closing yet. If you still have the old seal, you might want to try reinstalling it and compare the resulting gap against the new one.

Is there any chance the new seal is the wrong size? Metric vs standard is one possible difference if you selected the replacement yourself.

Another possibility is the new seal simply isn’t sealing. Have you tried draping a piece of tissue over the breech when you fire? Does it get disturbed by a pulse of air?