Breaking in one of the Kral guns?

I recently picked up a puncher breaker. It's actually pretty smooth right out of the box. Clean the barrel and accuracy was right there. This is my third Krall, I've been completely impressed with each one. For the price point that I paid for these things it's ridiculous how good they shoot.

Honestly, I've yet to get a bad barrel on any Kral I've had or pieced together. Personally, I remove the barrel(very easy), and spray it out with brake cleaner to loosen any bits and the grease they sometimes ship them with. Run a patch or two, then I run oily patches a couple times til they come out clean. After that, remount, and fire away!

Some barrels need cleaning more often than others. When accuracy degrades, I pull the barrel and clean. My 25s seem to go longer between cleanings vs my 22s.

Reactions: Billinoregon
Honestly, I've yet to get a bad barrel on any Kral I've had or pieced together...

Sadly, I have. Had a Kratos that couldn't hit the side of a barn from 10 yds and the choke on my Bighorn is so tight it's ridiculous (I'm currently re-barreling it). But so far nothing I've owned (including several high priced rifles) even come close to my Cayden .22.

I’ve had 2 kratos guns, both .25 cals. The first one shot pretty good with jsb pellets and fx hybrid slugs. The 2nd one shot ok but wasn’t up to my standard. I ended up putting a kral np03 barrel on it and converted it to .22 cal with an fx 300cc bottle on it. It’s been an excellent shooter ever since. Both have had the valve pin o-ring fail. The kratos valve blocks are extremely tight. The 2nd kratos I ended up filing down the top of the block where it meets the receiver, doing this allowed for easy removal and installation and wasn’t cutting o-rings on installation like I was on the first kratos I had

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
I’ve had 2 kratos guns, both .25 cals. The first one shot pretty good with jsb pellets and fx hybrid slugs. The 2nd one shot ok but wasn’t up to my standard. I ended up putting a kral np03 barrel on it and converted it to .22 cal with an fx 300cc bottle on it. It’s been an excellent shooter ever since. Both have had the valve pin o-ring fail. The kratos valve blocks are extremely tight. The 2nd kratos I ended up filing down the top of the block where it meets the receiver, doing this allowed for easy removal and installation and wasn’t cutting o-rings on installation like I was on the first kratos I had
How did you get the np03 barrel to work? I've had both apart playing Legos, and the ports don't line up. We'll enough I guess to work, but I know the barrel will slide further back into the mag well on the craftsman guns.
I wanted to do a shortened kratos, but ended up liking my jumbo thumbhole stock more, so I modded that. The kratos is for too long in stock form for me.

Reactions: Scott.t
Search member epg’s posts on shortening the hammer spring on the kral, Benjamin guns. I followed his directions and my Cayden is a laser at whatever speed I chose to run it at with whatever pellets I chose so far. Runs 14.3 CHP’s or 18gr Barricuda’s and slugs equally well. High shot count as well. Stopped counting today after 6 mags. Shot for about 2 hrs on one fill. And with the Buck Rail moderator it really is whisper quiet. I really want a .22 bullpup and would have already jumped on an Akela if the cocking lever was up front. That’s what draws me to the Empire XS. Do I go for that, or wait for the Avenge X semi bullpup to drop? Too many excellent choices.

Reactions: Billinoregon
How did you get the np03 barrel to work? I've had both apart playing Legos, and the ports don't line up. We'll enough I guess to work, but I know the barrel will slide further back into the mag well on the craftsman guns.
I wanted to do a shortened kratos, but ended up liking my jumbo thumbhole stock more, so I modded that. The kratos is for too long in stock form for me.
The barrel set screw closest the magazine will line up into the barrel duvet. The forward screw won’t but will set on top of the barrel and works fine. It has been working great for me. I’ve moved the 16” np03 barrel over to my kral empire xs and put the 13” barrel from the empire xs on the kratos. I’ve also ran a custom 10” kral barrel on the kratos. Pictures are of the 10” and 13” setups

EC63C5AC-2DB6-4AE2-853F-D29A8EB7C9FF.jpeg

8B2421DC-B1A1-43E9-A510-7C0FE89BC3D1.jpeg

Reactions: Stretch
The barrel set screw closest the magazine will line up into the barrel duvet. The forward screw won’t but will set on top of the barrel and works fine. It has been working great for me. I’ve moved the 16” np03 barrel over to my kral empire xs and put the 13” barrel from the empire xs on the kratos. I’ve also ran a custom 10” kral barrel on the kratos. Pictures are of the 10” and 13” setups

View attachment 360261

View attachment 360262

I'm tempted to do the opposite to a Kratos (if I can find one cheap enough) and add a 23+ inch barrel to it. For such a big rifle it seems a bit anemic in the power department to me... but I mostly shoot slugs now.

Reactions: Scott.t
I'm tempted to do the opposite to a Kratos (if I can find one cheap enough) and add a 23+ inch barrel to it. For such a big rifle it seems a bit anemic in the power department to me... but I mostly shoot slugs now.
I agree with you on the lack of power. Mine is now just a plinker for my son, but is setup to be a short and light woods gun. I did do a 23” barrel in .22 but ended up chopping that one down to the 10”. Due to the length it definitely needed a barrel band and was just too long for my liking

Last edited: