Break barrel

If i was still that rock solid hawkeyed 20 year old maybe then. today old tired and lazy i need some kinda bench and chair .

Then i guess that seated, or kneeling you could rest elbows to be more steady.. ill leave that to the younger ones. ( Unless im pressed into action)..🤤

Heres what i read in a quick read.

"If your rifle can group pellets inside of a 1-inch to 1 1/2-inch circle at 55 yards, you’re good to go for Field Target shooting.".

I assume they rest in some way like elbows on leg or sticks .

Last edited:
You mentioned seated so in the seated Field Target position with a borrowed (never could manage with anything I've owned) championship winning rig that was flawless, 1/2" at 20 yards. Standing "I" would do much worse.
Did I miss what rifle/pellet/scope?

John
Nothing special. Box store gun. Benjamin vaporizer .177, centerpoint scope that came with it and cross 10.5 pellets

Reactions: maxtrouble
I do. I’m grouping at 1.75” right now
Well that's alright. I'm sure u r using Crossman or Daisy pellets too. I can't hit sh$# standing free-hand.My sense of balance got damaged some years ago. But sitting in my camp chair with the left leg crossed, hand and rifle rested on that knee, I can get 1/2" groups at 25yds BUT that is with Weihrauch brand rifles. Keep working it and enjoying it and when u can step up to a Weihrauch,,LOOK OUT! The Blindman has come out to do some shootin.

Reactions: Blindman
For fun before foitball starts I tried 10 shots 20y off hand standing.

Mind this gun is sighted for 50y but thats my excuse ..lol
Gamo , .22 cphp, open sight / irons. ( 3" pellet tin lid bulls)

I guess it could of been much worse.... Then i guess it could of been a tad better🤔. Anyway maybe something to Guage by ?

offhand20y.22cphp,gamo.jpg