• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman Break barrel question

Don't know, that is why I ask. If anything, would think a shorter piston would latch later, therefore break the barrel for a greater degree and more compression. JMHO. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.
That's what I was saying. Yours is probably the longer piston, hence the shorter stroke and reduced power.

Reactions: SteveV and Bandito
My Crosman is a under 500 fps. Noticed when breaking, the barrel moves just close to 90*., while most i see on utube break way more. What limits that stroke, and can it be improved?
you did not put a country in your profile, are from a limited power country, such as England?

Limited power for non licensed, and country is Canada. Is not ilegal to have a full powered air gun .
Not illegal but you have to have a license for the full powered versions. If yours is shooting under 500 fps, it was likely built that way to keep the power restricted for non-licensed buyers/users.
You'd have to do a side by side parts comparison of both your under 500 fps version and the full powered version to see what the differences are and how they limited it.

Not illegal but you have to have a license for the full powered versions. If yours is shooting under 500 fps, it was likely built that way to keep the power restricted for non-licensed buyers/users.
You'd have to do a side by side parts comparison of both your under 500 fps version and the full powered version to see what the differences are and how they limited it.
"Limited power for non licensed, " yes, bought the gun before got the licence. Would be more than happy to do a parts comparison, but have no idea where I can find the parts fiche.

Thank You for your help. I have found that site, but guess what: my model is not listed!! I have looked it over a few days now, tried to eliminate some caracters, find something remotely close, maybe is a misprint, but nothing. I guess i give up. Will save some money and get a Gamo swarm. Am tired of this.
By the way, the model i have is: 7-CF11NP-SX or shortly: Crosman F11. Thanks again.

Thank You for your help. I have found that site, but guess what: my model is not listed!! I have looked it over a few days now, tried to eliminate some caracters, find something remotely close, maybe is a misprint, but nothing. I guess i give up. Will save some money and get a Gamo swarm. Am tired of this.
By the way, the model i have is: 7-CF11NP-SX or shortly: Crosman F11. Thanks again.
Just pull the piston out and take some measurements. It shouldn't be difficult to figure out what will and will not fit. You could probably just call Crosman and ask too....

You're overthinking it. Pistons aren't that complex. If the and piston seal is the same diameter and the trigger is the same, a piston from a comparable, more powerful Crosman should work. From there just research the "donation gun" piston and you'll find all the info you need
Overthinking it and still miss some things :) Dia. and seal are same, however the lengst is what makes the diferrence. And Crosman Support is not the greatest either: emailed that i need a piston for this model, no response in two days. Will modifie the piston, but need a backup, in case will not work. And patience...Nobody sells that :)