• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brand new Tuxing TXES012 compressor excessive blowby

So I just got this compressor. Filled with oil, checked fittings, ran for 5 minutes without load as specified by manufacture.

Set gauge to 1000psi, ran, auto shutoff worked, but I could hear a leak, which leaked down to zero psi. Tried again. Same thing, but I found where the air was leaking. It was at the crankcase vent. Fired up the compressor again, and realized that air constantly leaks from the crankcase vent running or not running. It will build pressure to (at least 4300psi) where it blew the burst disk.

Wondering if anyone has had this problem, and what the fix might be. Tuxing, while emailing me back (very tedious) has been no help. I purchased at Amazon via the Tuxing store, so if I can't get Tuxing to give me an idea what the problem is, of it no one out there has had this problem, then it will go back on Monday to Amazon.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I don't know if this will help you or anyone else, but i had a burst disk pop on my young heng a while ago. I replaced it and was still getting a leak in the same spot, so replaced it with another disk and same thing. What I found out is that the collet or washer that holds between the disk and the screw that holds it in place had 3 cracks in it. I replaced that and all was good. Also had a leak from one of the stainless steel tubes and with that it was the bonded washer that had finally given up. replaced that and all is well again.

So I just got this compressor. Filled with oil, checked fittings, ran for 5 minutes without load as specified by manufacture.

Set gauge to 1000psi, ran, auto shutoff worked, but I could hear a leak, which leaked down to zero psi. Tried again. Same thing, but I found where the air was leaking. It was at the crankcase vent. Fired up the compressor again, and realized that air constantly leaks from the crankcase vent running or not running. It will build pressure to (at least 4300psi) where it blew the burst disk.

Wondering if anyone has had this problem, and what the fix might be. Tuxing, while emailing me back (very tedious) has been no help. I purchased at Amazon via the Tuxing store, so if I can't get Tuxing to give me an idea what the problem is, of it no one out there has had this problem, then it will go back on Monday to Amazon.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Crankcase vent is piston rings. Rebuild both cylinders or send back while you can.

That totally sucks. Mine has been fine, except for the bad ECU, they even sent me a spare piston and rings for the high pressure side for some reason.
How long have you had yours, and did you get it on Amazon?

It seems like it's a bit better than the Young Heng in build quality, or maybe it's just the anodization that makes it look better. I'd like to think it will last awhile, but I really don't think any of them are much good. Still, need to have some way to feed the guns, so...

How long have you had yours, and did you get it on Amazon?

It seems like it's a bit better than the Young Heng in build quality, or maybe it's just the anodization that makes it look better. I'd like to think it will last awhile, but I really don't think any of them are much good. Still, need to have some way to feed the guns, so...
Young Heng and build quality, please stop with the humor. The Tuxing 032 runs nice and cool, when you get one that runs. I'm using
Seco Lube 500 | SYNTHETIC
Diester Synthetic Lubricant
CL-581815-LQ quantity
from Filtertech.

Tried Royal Purple, it seemed to smoke for me, the Seco Lube doesn't 'smoke and the compressor sounds better. The Tuxing doesn't take much oil, take your time filling it,

A gallon of 50/50 premix coolant fills the tank fine

Yeah mine had the Electronic Control Unit fail, took a few days to get them to respond then it went ok. Had to use pictures from AliExpress to get the point across. Asked them for a blow up drawing and....yeah that didn't go well, it was like I was asking for the crown jewels from the CCP. Got a new ECU, a piston, gaskets, filters, a new pressure gauge. Been working great, but I only fill my 74cf tank every couple of weeks and top off the guns. Bought a cheap vibration hour meter, once I figured out to cut the wire to activate..it appears to work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Camaro454
Young Heng and build quality, please stop with the humor. The Tuxing runs nice and cool, when you get one that runs. I'm using
Seco Lube 500 | SYNTHETIC
Diester Synthetic Lubricant
CL-581815-LQ quantity
from Filtertech.

Tried Royal Purple, it seemed to smoke for me, the Seco Lube doesn't 'smoke and the compressor sounds better. The Tuxing doesn't take much oil, take your time filling it,

A gallon of 50/50 premix coolant fills the tank fine

Yeah mine had the Electronic Control Unit fail, took a few days to get them to respond then it went ok. Had to use pictures from AliExpress to get the point across. Asked them for a blow up drawing and....yeah that didn't go well, it was like I was asking for the crown jewels from the CCP. Got a new ECU, a piston, gaskets, filters, a new pressure gauge. Been working great, but I only fill my 74cf tank every couple of weeks and top off the guns. Bought a cheap vibration hour meter, once I figured out to cut the wire to activate..it appears to work.
Sounds like you have the two cylinder larger compressor that has the built in cooling system. I have the single cylinder unit that the head looks like a coffee can.

Yes, it's an 032 auto shutoff.
The whole reason I didn't get that compressor is that I didn't want to spend over $1k and still have to constantly work on it. I bought the smaller compressor, and a 4 year warranty. They are easy enough to work on, but I don't want to constantly have to wok on it. I'll box it back up and send it back until I get a good one, whatever that brand may be. I thought I'd try the Tuxing this time around, as my Yong Heng lasted 7.5 hours before it wouldn't make full pressure. This, even after adding more cooling with fans, and a larger water pump.

The whole reason I didn't get that compressor is that I didn't want to spend over $1k and still have to constantly work on it. I bought the smaller compressor, and a 4 year warranty. They are easy enough to work on, but I don't want to constantly have to wok on it. I'll box it back up and send it back until I get a good one, whatever that brand may be. I thought I'd try the Tuxing this time around, as my Yong Heng lasted 7.5 hours before it wouldn't make full pressure. This, even after adding more cooling with fans, and a larger water pump.
I decided to go with the upper end of cheap, there are threads here about them and the good, the bad and the ugly. Basically people are happy with them. I couldn't justify $3,500++ for a few hours a month usage. I was getting my tank filled at a SCUBA shop but....the 'lady' there apparently didn't like guns and made every excuse in the world not to fill my 74cf tank.

I would and probably someday would like to have a larger compressor. I do have a 9L tank that I like to use. It's convenient when out squirrel shooting to not have to hook up or even haul my shoebox compressor and battery pack with me.

I have a CE rated bottle that doesn't have a DOT rating, so the SCUBA shop won't fill it anyway, plus they are 35 miles each way from me, and can only do 3000psi fills.

I need to either find a better compressor solution, or just use my shoebox compressor and forget about using the bottle and having a permanent compressor setup in my garage.

Evolving update.

Sent the compressor back and got another one. Pulled it out of the box and the temp gauge was busted to pieces. Interesting thing is that it looked like they busted it, then tried to fix it with silicone. When that didn't work, they threw the broken parts in the box under the compressor and shipped it. It's obvious they did this as you can't get those parts under the compressor unless you put them in the bottom of the box/packing with the compressor in the box.

I contacted them and they said the would ship me out another gauge, but it would be a week as it would have to come from Chine (even though the compressor was shipped from Southern California. I tested the compressor after they said I could without the temp gauge, and the compressor woul dnot build more than 190bar into my 450cc bottle on my Impact M3. At the 26 minute mark, and it sitting at 190 bar for 7 minutes of pumping, I shut it down. Previous to this, I had ran their short break in period, checked all fittings for leaks and ran a couple of pressure tests. I could get 4400psi out of it with just a short hose and test plug (deadhead)

These things are junk. At least the units coming out at this point. It's sad as the compressor runs really cool, much cooler than Yong Heng I had. Obviously this one is going back for a refund.

I just don't know what to get at this point.