FX Brand New FX Impact M3 not firing

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, been a lurker from quite some time lol.
I finally decided to get an FX Impact M3 and was very excited when it arrived. After filling it up to 230 bars, I wanted to try it but the rifle wouldn't shoot...
I'm not sure what the problem is, it's like there's something blocking the hammer from hitting the valve because when I press on the trigger I can hear a loud "KLANG'...

I've seen a post here about the same thing but on an FX Wildcat MK3 BT, turns out it was a security screw that was installed for shipping the gun, but I can't find it on the Impact...

FYI, there's still air inside the bottle and no leaks.

Has anyone encountered this problem ?

You may need to open the valve adjuster to line 4 or so. If its screwed all the way in it won't fire. The knob between the barrel and the bottle. :)

Also, with the gun decocked, set the micro and the macro to the circled settings... this should get you to a good starting point.

If your reg 2 isnt above 75, this could be your issue.

If the gun don't fire after these steps, contact dealer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Impact701
Thank you all for your replies ! Especially Ricochet !
It was the valve adjuster ... like you said it was on line 1, had to unscrew the little screw on the knob and adjust the valve to line 4. After that everything went fine

Thank you again! First reg is at 150 bar and second at 110
You may need to open the valve adjuster to line 4 or so. If its screwed all the way in it won't fire. The knob between the barrel and the bottle. :)

Reactions: Ricochet
Hm...what is your location?
In North America the dealers job is to - open the box, inspect the gun, test it, air it up to some level, and ship it to a customer.
In EU and other parts of the World the customers getting a factory sealed box from a dealer.
So in both cases you would start with a dealer.
Actually I live in Senegal right know, I shipped the gun from Germany, so sending it back was too much of a hassle but everything turned good 👍

There's an Allen screw in front of the knob, I unscrew it and there was 2 little plastic balls, I was wondering if you guys know what's there purpose

20240319_152149.jpg

That knob is the valve return spring as i understand, i dont think Impact owners mess with that very much.
You can use it for very fine tuning of the air release on the shot. Most do not use it. In most instances keeping it on line four is just fine.

Zerofrag did you purchase from a retail dealer? If so that's not a good look to have them send it with that valve like that. They must not have tested it.

It is a bit strange it was dialed to 0 though, also that this prevent the rifle from shooting at all, but granted i am not a Impact owner so i do not know.
My Maverick, well i am also sure something strange happened at the factory to finally deliver it after waiting for months on end when they came out, i have a sneaky feeling it is a SUB 12 rifle half way turned into a FAC one for the Danish market.
Also the use of " do NEVER come apart " thread lock on most parts of my Maverick confuse me.