Brand new Fx impact .30 shot string horribly inconsistent

Ok so i took the valve adjuster completly off exposing the valve rod. It slides in, and out freely... no tension either way... in the video when ernest rowe disasembles an original impact there is spring tension when he pulled on it

This is an mk2, so I'm not sore if this is normal... can anyone confirm this?

It's normal for the newest model. They deleted the long spring on the valve rod and moved it to the front adjuster.

Ok so i took the valve adjuster completly off exposing the valve rod. It slides in, and out freely... no tension either way... in the video when ernest rowe disasembles an original impact there is spring tension when he pulled on it

The new mk2 with power plenum (PP) has a external valve spring and no rubber ball anymore as mentioned before.

So that explains why the valve can be moved without any tension, the internal valve spring is gone in the new design.

Have you tried different settings already? (regulator pressure, hammer spring tension, valve adjuster)

Could also be a binding o-ring, the valve shaft must be lubricated a bit with thin silicone oil. 

Pull out the valve shaft as far as possible, and apply a tiny bit of silicone oil on the valve shaft, behind the hammer. I use 1000wt silicone rc shock absorber oil. Any other thin silicone based oil will do.

Just sent you a YouTube video link in how to assemble the FX power plenum kit. So you can see what’s normal 

Ernest

Thanks for the suggestions guys... i didn't know it was ernest rowe when i read his post...lol

Hes helping me now.

I took the gun apart and a few issues existed... one was the pellet probe was a little loose, 2 i noticed, a big thick gob of grease on the valve rod.. i snugged up the probe, then I wiped the grease off of the valve rod.

After that i turned the reg down from 105 to about 90, then i increased the velocity as much as possible using the hammer spring. Once that settled a little i turned the reg up until it was shooting about 20 fps faster than my target speed of 870. I used the valve adjuster to fine tune it... the shot string is definitely much improved... 5 of the last 7 shots were 872

Ill let it set overnight, the dry fire it through a few full bottles of air, then im gonna re-check it...

Heres a 15 shot string from this a.m. i am really short on time, and cant get to range too check accuracy... im willing to bet gteatly improved though... its very accurate with occasional spikes... ill keep it just the way it is for a bit to see if that issue goes away once it settles in more.

Thanks for all who helped me.. especially ernest... awesome of you to take the time to help me out.. the airgun world is lucky to have you...