Brand new FX Crown Mk.II not charging. Any idea?

Hey everyone,

I just got a FX Crown Mk.II, bought new online, and the tank doesn't fill up. At all. The shop told me the tank would be at 150 bar when delivered (as recommended per FX) and when I got it it was at 0 bar. I tried charging it first with a 4500 psi manual pump, then with a compressor (that work on my other PCP gun), and it simply doesn't get up in pressure (it only gets to around 5-10 bar and stays there indefinitely).

Can't contact the shop right now because they're on holidays but will do as soon as they're back. Just trying to understand if I can solve the problem myself in the meantime. Also I'm living far from the shop (I'm in the EU) and it would be so much easier/faster if I could fix it myself than having to send it back to them.

I disassembled the main structure from the chassis to try to see if something was wrong but I didn't see anything unusual. After trying to charge it for ~20 min, I did hear a very slight hissing coming from the gun when putting it right next to my ear, so I guess something is leaking and preventing it from going up in pressure?
I obviously unscrewed and screwed the tank again (tight), it's not leaking from there.

Air coming out from the barrel just after charging it:

I read online that sometimes the valve is stuck open, could it be that? How could I fix it? Where else could it leak from? Anything else that could cause it not to get up in pressure? I know you aren't supposed to do it but should I try to fire it dry to see if it changes anything?

Any idea?

Thanks!

Last edited:
You might need to fill it quickly with a bottle first , sometimes to get that seal it needs a rapid fill first.

Unfortunately I don't have a SCBA tank anymore. Got a manual pump and a compressor. Closest shop for diving or airgun/paintball is 2 hours away that's why I got the compressor. Might go there as a last resort but 4 hour trip back and forth is a little bit much if I can solve my issue any other way.

Unfortunately I don't have a SCBA tank anymore. Got a manual pump and a compressor. Closest shop for diving or airgun/paintball is 2 hours away that's why I got the compressor. Might go there as a last resort but 4 hour trip back and forth is a little bit much if I can solve my issue any other way.
Let us kno how it goes

Is the bottle threaded on right?
Is the cocking level fully cocked?
Dry fire couple of time?

Having a scuba or scba tank could solve your problem of seating the valve with more pressure, see if there are others with one near you.
- Yes I tried unscrewing/screwing the bottle, it's threaded on right.
- Yes lever is fully cocked.
- Can I dry fire without damaging it? Never tried it considering I was always told you shouldn't do it.

Yeah if I can't fix it myself I think I might just go to the shop where I bought the gun which is not much more far than the nearest diving/paintball station which could fill it with a tank.

Reactions: qball
- Yes I tried unscrewing/screwing the bottle, it's threaded on right.
- Yes lever is fully cocked.
- Can I dry fire without damaging it? Never tried it considering I was always told you shouldn't do it.

Yeah if I can't fix it myself I think I might just go to the shop where I bought the gun which is not much more far than the nearest diving/paintball station which could fill it with a tank.

Sounds like a trip to the shop is warranted, sadly.

Last edited: