BRAND NEW Daystate Huntsman Revere FULL REVIEW!

Hi everybody! Here is the latest review from Baker Airguns. I give you the BRAND NEW Daystate Huntsman Revere! The first link below is to the written report on the gun. The thumbnail is to the video review. I suggest taking them both in for the full story. All comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Click here for the written report...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjzVEb-xTdA

Pretty much the old Humtsman with a reg, mag a little different, side cocking but that's about it! 

But to me that's great, I'm going to get one one of these days, always loved the classic style and simplicity, have puppies now but did love my AA I sold few years back, she was my first good PCP. But just the word Huntsman alone sounds romantic and nostalgic and Harkens back to the day.

Don

Pretty much the old Humtsman with a reg, mag a little different, side cocking but that's about it! 

But to me that's great, I'm going to get one one of these days, always loved the classic style and simplicity, have puppies now but did love my AA I sold few years back, she was my first good PCP. But just the word Huntsman alone sounds romantic and nostalgic and Harkens back to the day.

Don

I agree.

Kept it simple with some welcomed upgrades.

It's a total winner in my book.

-Donnie

Thanks for the review Donnie, so have they done away with the sliding mechanism to cycle the magazine when you pull the hammer back. If they did that could be another reason the cocking other than the obvious reason (the lever) is so much smooter and lighter now. Also what was the regulator set at on your review gun?

Jking

Hi JKing,

Sorry for the delay in my response.

Yes, the sliding mechanism in the original Huntsman that operated the advancement mechanism in the magazine is not on the Revere.

-Donnie

Thanks for the review Donnie, so have they done away with the sliding mechanism to cycle the magazine when you pull the hammer back. If they did that could be another reason the cocking other than the obvious reason (the lever) is so much smooter and lighter now. Also what was the regulator set at on your review gun?

Jking

Hi JKing,

Yes, the sliding mechanism in the original Huntsman that operated the advancement mechanism in the magazine is not on the Revere.

-Donnie

Donnie, a follow up question please, do you know if the new magazine will work in the previous Regal's and what is it that cycles the magazine? Is there still something that externally actuates it. Was thinking if the new mags would work then maybe the sliding bar and linkage on the previous Regals could be bypassed for a lighter bolt cycling. Just thinking out loud. 

Jking

Jking

Hi JKing,

-Donnie

Donnie, a follow up question please, do you know if the new magazine will work in the previous Regal's and what is it that cycles the magazine? Is there still something that externally actuates it. Was thinking if the new mags would work then maybe the sliding bar and linkage on the previous Regals could be bypassed for a lighter bolt cycling. Just thinking out loud. 

Jking

Yep. The new mags work just fine in the older Huntsmans.

There's a stop in the magazine.

The cylinder is first held in place by the pellet, then the bolt probe after you cock and load that pellet.

When you pull the bolt rearward again, the cylinder spins to the next pellet...which hold the cylinder until you push the bolt forward....and so forth.

-Donnie