Bragging on my new HW50s and a big thanks to JohnnyPiston

Just bought myself an HW50s from our own classifieds. JohnnyPiston sold me his rifle. I’m grateful that I found his ad since they are hard to find right now. His rifle was in new condition and had a very nice stock for factory beech. I already have an HW30 with a receiver mounted aperture sight that I really love. Now I wanted an HW50 to put a scope on for a bit more power and range. Here are four groups that I just shot as it was getting dark outside. This was only 13 yards with the rifle resting on my palm on a bag. These are 5 shot groups. I’m happy with these groups especially since I’m not really an experienced springer shooter.

IMG_0343.1604712702.JPG

Just bought myself an HW50s from our own classifieds. JohnnyPiston sold me his rifle. I’m grateful that I found his ad since they are hard to find right now. His rifle was in new condition and had a very nice stock for factory beech. I already have an HW30 with a receiver mounted aperture sight that I really love. Now I wanted an HW50 to put a scope on for a bit more power and range. Here are four groups that I just shot as it was getting dark outside. This was only 13 yards with the rifle resting on my palm on a bag. These are 5 shot groups. I’m happy with these groups especially since I’m not really an experienced springer shooter.

I don't see any link to view your pics.

I’m guessing .177 from the size of the holes in the target. 

Congrats. The hw50s is tied with my hw97k for “favorite springer” status. Both incredibly accurate. For hunting, I favor the lighter hw50s. For targets off a rest, the hw97k.

Nice thing about the hw50s is that you can tune it to shoot accurately anywhere from 6fpe to 12fpe. Mine seems optimal at about 10.5fpe.

Enjoy the new gun!

R

Thank you 🙂 I bought the gun from dairyboy and is a 22 as well. It has the prettiest beech stock I have seen. The scope is an ohhunt 1.75-10x24 scope. 9-10x is a bit straining on the eye. But I find I like shooting this gun best at 8x magnification. Either way, the scope is rear heavy and balances the gun out very nicely. I had a 44mm scope on it, and it was just too front heavy for my liking. 

PSX_20200420_145509.1604781296.jpg