Beeman Bought my nephew an HW70

I bought my nephew a used HW70. It came yesterday and shoots strong with typical HW70 accuracy. He's begun buying PB's and emailed a pic of his wife holding a paper target and revolver doing "one of her less favorite things" at the range, as she put it.

Thought it was time he had a quality air gun he can pull out in his limited spare time and take a few dozen shots in the garage at paper, plink tin cans in his yard and maybe get his wife a little more interested in shooting without the noise, recoil, cost and inconvenience of going to the gun range.

The HW70 is not the most accurate air pistol but it's relatively inexpensive, solidly built and accurate enough to help one improve and maintain their handgun shooting skills.

HW70.jpeg

I bought my nephew a used HW70. It came yesterday and shoots strong with typical HW70 accuracy. He's begun buying PB's and emailed a pic of his wife holding a paper target and revolver doing "one of her less favorite things" at the range, as she put it.

Thought it was time he had a quality air gun he can pull out in his limited spare time and take a few dozen shots in the garage at paper, plink tin cans in his yard and maybe get his wife a little more interested in shooting without the noise, recoil, cost and inconvenience of going to the gun range.

The HW70 is not the most accurate air pistol but it's relatively inexpensive, solidly built and accurate enough to help one improve and maintain their handgun shooting skills.

View attachment 452574
I do have to dissagree with one point though, the HW70 is very accurate little pistol, it is a springer though. So recoil, iron sights, and low power, do give it some limitations.
I primarily shoot mine off of a bag at 25 to 30 yards. Its like throwing mud balls, but accurate enough to hit small targets, like empty shotshell hulls.
Screenshot_20240405_154506_Gallery.jpg

the good news is the pistols are well made and well liked
and the bad news all the non safety HW70 have a parts problem and that is finding them
the early piston seals are not available the next one the same thing and the trigger parts are different to the 70a
in the last year that became a problem for some owners
I bought a main spring and two pistons on two different occasions from Pyramid Air, and all the trigger springs from Airgunspares.com.

I like them for their minimalist design, which makes them as easy as it gets when it comes to loading and shooting.
I started with the early one at the bottom and liked it well enough to buy the later variant in the middle as a backup. This one I liked well enough to reason that if I could shoot it this well with my aged eyes/ iron sights, imagine how well I might do with a scoped model. LOL. This one at the top is " the ticket " for my shooting method.
I only shoot pistols from a rest at 20 to 45 yds from the back porch and it does very well, not quite as easy to score hits with as my Winchester/Hy-Score Diana model 5 clones, but the Dianas present as little cut down rifles compared to the Hw70. Like somebody said, the HW70 is the HW30 of air pistols.

20240406_114434.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: r1lover