• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bought a new scope last night....

I'm very curious because the best scopes I owned are hawke sidewinder plus a sightron stac

I own both of these scopes, plus an Athlon Helos 6-24 FFP. The Sightron S-TAC 4-20X is the best scope of the three. It's not FFP, but the value of that for target shooting is nil, as far as I can tell. In fact, for most target shooting it is probably a disadvantage, as the reticle in the Athlon is so thick at the high power end, it would obscure some very small targets. Other FFP scopes are so thin at the low end, they are pretty useless, especially in a hunting situation. I have no issues with the Hawke SW, but it's a big, heavy scope. I think the Sightron S-TAC with MOA reticle is a very good, multi-purpose scope. It's bright, good reticle, and without illumination, relatively light and simple. 

Well guys this scope is going back...first off the eye relief might possibly be the worst I have ever seen on any scope and second the scope is very very foggy. Just for fun I took out my cz634 with a 3x12x44 utg and cranked it to 12 power on a target 95 yards away then cranked the athlon to 15 on the same target .....utg smoked that athlon. To make matters even worst I swear I heard something leaking from second r10....if that's the case I might possibly not want to talk about airguns for a long while :(

Great time for scope shopping with so many scopes under $600 that are really great values. I could recall buying a centerpoint scope for a marauder 25 roughly 6-7 yrs ago and I was amazed at the scope lol now I put high standards on glass .....pretty obvious my budget isn't nightforce but at my price your still getting a nice optic.

+1 my first airgun scope was a Centerpoint 3-9x32 and I thought it was the bomb haha! I still try not to spend too much (def. nothing over $500) but I know a Centerpoint just won't do anymore.

Return the Midas, it should be crystal clear at max magnification, if it isn’t then their no fuss warranty will serve you well.

I have the 4.5-27 and it’s easily one of the clearest that I have, maybe my shooting partner and I got lucky, but down here in South Africa we usually get products produced on a Friday afternoon, our scopes are both exceptionally clear at max mag, indicating a Wednesday or Thursday manufacturing day!