Bottle Taipan

In red above -

The free floating barrel has little to do with the quantity of fasteners.
It's the shoulder length and "fit" of of the barrel into the breach block. Not...short, and not...loose.
As long as the "fit" is tight (nothing sloppy), one set screw would work just fine. Two would be good...four...overkill.
Similar to the American Air Arms...free floating barrel. It's just screwed into its breach block.

Mike

P.s. - The gun does look interesting . Though the cocking lever (both designs) slammed tight against the shooters trigger finger doesn't look too comfortable !
No, I do not believe in my heart that ONE set screw will secure the barrel with any satisfactory result. The original barrel screwed into the block. 2 additional bracket clamps- solid as can be! I'm gonna check this new offering VERY closely.

In red above -

The free floating barrel has little to do with the quantity of fasteners.
It's the shoulder length and "fit" of of the barrel into the breach block. Not...short, and not...loose.
As long as the "fit" is tight (nothing sloppy), one set screw would work just fine. Two would be good...four...overkill.
Similar to the American Air Arms...free floating barrel. It's just screwed into its breach block.

Mike

P.s. - The gun does look interesting . Though the cocking lever (both designs) slammed tight against the shooters trigger finger doesn't look too comfortable !
You missed the point I was making which is that they changed the breech design from Taipan to Taipan 2. New barrels are free floated, old were not. The new breech appears to be a clamping breech, like a USFT or Thomas breech.