• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Boss not holding air

I don't know the stuff but I'm sure it would be fine, don't need much just a light coat on that white oring after cleaning and flipping it over. And cleaning the inside of the male fill

I don't know the stuff but I'm sure it would be fine, don't need much just a light coat on that white oring after cleaning and flipping it over. And cleaning the inside of the male fill probe area.
Thanks again 👌

@Pnutt559,
If you need a local source of silicone grease for lubing your O-rings you can go to the plumbing supply section of the home store and find a tiny tube of Danco waterproof silicone grease for plumbing; or at the auto parts store, a tube of permatex dielectric tune-up Grease. Both good silicone products for PCP seals and O-rings.

I like Superlube brand of synthetic Grease with PTFE (and Superlube lubricating oil, where an oil is desired), harder to find in local stores, I order it from Amazon.

Regards,
Feinwerk

Reactions: maxtrouble
@Pnutt559,
If you need a local source of silicone grease for lubing your O-rings you can go to the plumbing supply section of the home store and find a tiny tube of Danco waterproof silicone grease for plumbing; or at the auto parts store, a tube of permatex dielectric tune-up Grease. Both good silicone products for PCP seals and O-rings.

I like Superlube brand of synthetic Grease with PTFE (and Superlube lubricating oil, where an oil is desired), harder to find in local stores, I order it from Amazon.

Regards,
Feinwerk

Try some Krytox grease, stuff is awesome for PCPs.

@maxtrouble,
I have read of airgun tuners using Krytox greases. They have numerous formulations and grades. Which one is most suitable for lubing o-rings?

I just bought some plain 1.5 micron (super fine) molybdenum disulfide (MoS2) powder, for dry-burnish lubing of things that have to stay dry such as PCP hammers. Was also thinking of blending a small batch of some molybdenum disulfide powder in with some of my Superlube Grease ( for sliding metal parts, not O-rings).

Feinwerk

Reactions: Feinwerk
@Pnutt559,

Regards,
Feinwerk
Thanks man, much appreciated

Reactions: Feinwerk
So you cleaned everything meticulously including inside the fill port, flipped oring lubed and still leaking? If so then I guess you'll need to replace the oring.
Yeah, I bought a can of air, blew everything out, with cleaning cloth and q tip, lubed and flipped oring over, still leaking. Parts have already been ordered. I was really hoping it would work.

Reactions: Glem.Chally