• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Boss not holding air

Yeah you can clean out that area of the fill valve. Easy to get apart might just need that oring or area to be cleaned, also sometimes the mount where the stock attaches there's an oring under there that can leak sometimes.
I tried that already, still same result, I can fill the gun, but after I try to bleed the air, it all comes out through the bleed valve of the tank, like something isn't closing, when I pull the tank hose off, all remaining air comes out through the fill valve on the gun

Is it not charging or is it leaking after charging? "Isn't holding air", to me, means it's leaking somewhere but I want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. Or is it that you can't get air to go in i

Is it not charging or is it leaking after charging? "Isn't holding air", to me, means it's leaking somewhere but I want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. Or is it that you can't get air to go in

Is it not charging or is it leaking after charging? "Isn't holding air", to me, means it's leaking somewhere but I want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. Or is it that you can't get air to go in it?
It will take air, but once I open the bleed valve on the tank all air comes out from the gun

Is it not charging or is it leaking after charging? "Isn't holding air", to me, means it's leaking somewhere but I want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. Or is it that you can't get air to go in it?
EDIT: just noticed you have another post running on this subject ("rifle not holding air") with a better explanation.
Yeah, that was before I changed the o rings, thought it would fix the issue by changing them, but still nothing, I had the same issue when I bought the gun, new, they sent me a replacement check valve, which fixed it, but now it's happening again, just dnt understand why a 2000 dollar rifle would keep having that issue

Reactions: Mtnlyun and Dan25
My friend had the same problem. We took the fill valve apart and changed the o rings. They are the harder kind that are white. Had to go to a high pressure air supply.
Can also just try cleaning that sealing surface inside the fill probe and flipping the hard oring Sdellinger is mentioning. I bet that will cure it, apply some silicone grease of course.

Sorry you're having trouble. Mine has been absolutely trouble free always. I'd contact FX again. Once is a fluke, twice is indicative of a problem. When you open your bleed valve do you do it quickly? Fill SLOWLY, bleed QUICKLY (but you probably knew that).
Yeah it really sucks, I will definitely contact them and see what they say, I contacted an airgun store here where I live but they only work on rifles they sold. Yeah that is the procedure I follow when filling.

Did I miss where you tried what I suggested twice?
My apologies, I have not tried that, I purchased the regular rubber o rings from ace hardware. The white o ring doesn't seem damaged though, probably because it is hard to tell because of the type of o ring. The larger o ring seems to be a regular rubber one.

My apologies, I have not tried that, I purchased the regular rubber o rings from ace hardware. The white o ring doesn't seem damaged though, probably because it is hard to tell because of the type of o ring. The larger o ring seems to be a regular rubber one.
Well you should try it, 98% it will fix it in 2 minutes with no parts needed. Its most likely dirty inside doesn't take much to make it not seal.

Take your fill port off with gun degassed, remove blue thing inside it. Remove the white oring. Clean the sealing surface inside the port well clean the blue thing, flip the oring over, lube with silicone.

Fixed.

Well you should try it, 98% it will fix it in 2 minutes with no parts needed. Its most likely dirty inside doesn't take much to make it not seal.

Take your fill port off with gun degassed, remove blue thing inside it. Remove the white oring. Clean the sealing surface inside the port well clean the blue thing, flip the oring over, lube with silicone.

Fixed.
Ok cool, I had already removed the valve but have to admit I didn't do a very good job of cleaning it, will try it this weekend and hopefully you are right, thanks for the advice.

Fixed.
What kind of silicone should I use?