• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bored, need target ideas for garage shooting gallery?

Ok so this may be a weird question but what are some ideas for reactive things to shoot besides paper targets and purpose-made metal silhouettes or spinners? I would rather not spend money on targets. I know there are printable target shooting “games” - I should look into those. 

Here are mine...

1. Hang old spoons by some wire from a cross-bar - great spinner

2. empty soda cans hanging by the pull tab. If you can hit the thick bottom the can absorbs a lot of energy and goes around and around the cross bar. It’s like an imaginary a head shot... If you hit the body of the can it just passes through. So you get a little reward and the can does laps around the bar if you hit the bottom at the right angle. There is also one spot that makes the whole bottoms of the can kind of collapse and fold in with a loud “whap” and the can really takes off or rips off the pull tab - that’s like the bullseye. Ok... I’ve officially had too much time stuck at home I think 

3. Metal gong (messy and noisy but fun on occasion)

4. Steel cans hanging from cross wire, I try to cut off the bottom with as few shots as possible

5. Occasional pill bottle or the like filled with water

6. Scratched up / unsafe old non-stick aluminum pie pans (the ones we had were pretty heavy duty - can punch through at 35+fpe but not at say 25 unless shooting a non-lead pba pellet

7 I have a 3/4” steel bar I drop through the top of a soda can so it sits right in the middle. If I aim for the center of the can, the pellet will penetrate the front of the can but then hit the steel bar before penetrating out the back. At high fpe the pellets explode INSIDE the can and if you hit it just right can almost cut the can in half with the shrapnel. That’s a nice trick shot that’s not very tricky

The exploding bottle thing looks like a fun project. When i was a wee airgunner I would put some vinegar in an old mason jar, drop in a folded paper packet with baking soda. Put the lid on, swirl, and step back...

if I recall, the glass basically vaporized if you just tapped that jar with even a pretty feeble flea-market BB gun. Now, my 10 year old mind may have exaggerated a bit but what I remember is finding the metal parts after it blew and that was about it. 

If your really bored do a domino rally bored game where you rig the spinner and it knocks over domino's and as you reload the rocket goes off and you need to make a hit on the moving target. Or line matches up like dominoes that lead to a small pile of match heads where you need to light the match to start it. Toys from garage sales kinda rock. I don't know how many gi Joe's I executed at sunrise as a kid...... I probably would have a house payment if I kept them in good condition. 

Animal crackers, cheap Walmart cheese balls ( cheesy poofs ) aspirin or baby aspirin or expired vitamins ect. hot glued to a coffee stir stick then put in a drilled hole in 2x4 . Bobble heads of your least favorite celebrities with airsoft pistols.

That’s great - I will do this. Little indoor micro targets suitable for 10-15 m I think!

I started working on a 'customized target' a while ago.. 
It uses a resettable knock down target with some scummy zombie's face on it.. 
[Some of you might even recognize that tyrannical turd]

1592408101_7669570955eea38257cd812.63081073.jpg

The faces were Photoshopped, altered, resized, etc. to fit the metal target.. 
I just need to get them printed, laminated, and get adhesive backers on them.

🤣👍 

Sam -

These are pretty fun (the wood targets in the background with the little knock out squirrels on them). I just placed a mega order and will post better pictures once I get them (squirrels, fish, ducks, bunnies, apples, etc). After I shoot out all the knock outs, I chip away at the wood with my air gun till there is nothing left. I shoot them with a box/rubber mulch behind them to catch the pellets, but they also have a square version that slides into a metal pellet catcher.

1592408130_11058223085eea3842024b71.13300481.png