Bore Scoping - Before and After Cleaning.

I Just wanted to share 2 YouTube videos I made, documenting a challenge I took upon myself, to put to rest in my own mind, after researching for months on YouTube along with various PB websites, all the various ways, means, opinions, voodoo techniques and what-not-to-do’s, to see what would really happen if I just took a Brass Brush, Willy-Nilly, to my brand new FX .25 600mm Heavy Liner and just went crazy.

YMMV for sure. This is My experience. Take it as you may.

Flashed a little Ballistol in the Liner and went to work.

In and Out anyway what so ever, breach, leade, sideways, back and forth, no holding back, knowing that the worst case was it cost me $120 bucks shipped and I learned something that I could pass along.

Granted, using a .25 Brass Brush, I can only push one way, exit, and then pull back (a .22 brass brush in a .25 sometimes can offer a better fit and a back and forth cleaning due to the smaller diameter). Heck-Yea! I did it…Back and Forth and Back and Forth over and over for 100 strokes with that Brush. Ran some patches through it and then hit her up with a Mop and some JB Bore Paste for another 100 strokes!!! In and out the Crown and then the Leade, in and out, in and out. It was exhilarating!!!

I have no regrets and, a bit of confidence after “feeling” the difference from the first few strokes of the Brass, to the final laps of the Mop. It was so Smoooooooth!!!

The Video speaks for itself of the difference.
  • Stage 1: Very impressed with the results.
  • Stage 2: Pending and will post results.

Bore Scope does not lie. Enjoy the Videos.

Not the end for sure…

Next will be “The Test” with some NSA 29Gr Rd and others in my M3 @50 & 100.

Stay tuned!

Before:

After:

Last edited:
Thanks for taking time and efforts for the video production. There's definitely a difference in the bores. First video shows a smooth, unpolished bore. The second video shows a polished but grooved bore. Very noticable difference in the ends of the barrel. I quit using brass brushes a while ago because of my experiment on soft steel, and having the bristles produce grooves with just a little effort.

Reactions: Stone02
@Ezana4CE , I always think of the FX liners as very similar to polygonal rifling. They really do look completely different than traditional cut or button rifled barrels. And if you look at a recovered pellet that has been shot through an FX barrel/liner the marks on it look just like a pellet shot through a polygonal rifled barrel.

@2L8 , what brand and model borescope are you using? Nice resolution and video quality!
I'm really looking forward to your accuracy test results.

I Just wanted to share 2 YouTube videos I made, documenting a challenge I took upon myself, to put to rest in my own mind, after researching for months on YouTube along with various PB websites, all the various ways, means, opinions, voodoo techniques and what-not-to-do’s, to see what would really happen if I just took a Brass Brush, Willy-Nilly, to my brand new FX .25 600mm Heavy Liner and just went crazy.

YMMV for sure. This is My experience. Take it as you may.

Flashed a little Ballistol in the Liner and went to work.

In and Out anyway what so ever, breach, leade, sideways, back and forth, no holding back, knowing that the worst case was it cost me $120 bucks shipped and I learned something that I could pass along.

Granted, using a .25 Brass Brush, I can only push one way, exit, and then pull back (a .22 brass brush in a .25 sometimes can offer a better fit and a back and forth cleaning due to the smaller diameter). Heck-Yea! I did it…Back and Forth and Back and Forth over and over for 100 strokes with that Brush. Ran some patches through it and then hit her up with a Mop and some JB Bore Paste for another 100 strokes!!! In and out the Crown and then the Leade, in and out, in and out. It was exhilarating!!!

I have no regrets and, a bit of confidence after “feeling” the difference from the first few strokes of the Brass, to the final laps of the Mop. It was so Smoooooooth!!!

The Video speaks for itself of the difference.
  • Stage 1: Very impressed with the results.
  • Stage 2: Pending and will post results.

Bore Scope does not lie. Enjoy the Videos.

Not the end for sure…

Next will be “The Test” with some NSA 29Gr Rd and others in my M3 @50 & 100.

Stay tuned!

Before:

After:

hi any update on results