bolt vs semi - would bolt begin to be relugated?

Serious question....

In the new age of the availability of semi auto, what are the advantages of still opting for a bolt action? 

I am considering the new AEA offerings and see that the Semi Auto options are a slightly lower price than the bolt action offering. I suppose, aside from the add complexity/parts that a semi auto presents - why would enthusiasts today opt for a bolt action vs a semi auto? It would seem to be that the single action bolt action options would fall by the way side when one can purchase a semi auto for basically the same price. If i was a manufacturer, i would look to migrate my product roadmaps toa ll semi auto vs single bolt action.

What are the communities' thoughts around why one would opt for a bolt action these days when purchasing a new pellet pew pew these days?

Thank you

Just like firearms there are both expensive and cheap bolt and semi guns because they are two different horses for 2 different races. Bolt action guns are more for precision and semi are for speed. As you stated semi auto is getting better and cheaper but they won’t replace bolt action just like some of the most expensive PB today are still bolt action. 

Agreed - i am a precision shooter as well - and my thought is that i will only pull the trigger once per opportunity (vs 2x 3x tap just because i have a semi). But the seeming advantage, in my eyes of not having to come off target to pull a bolt back AND reload a pellet - is a huge advancement for any shooter - precision or otherwise. I just dont see why one would opt for a single bolt action when the semi could eliminate the 'come off target' and needing to manipulate the phew phew while it is on the bench/rest.

Unless there is some sort of lost precision - but the barrel is the same so i am just trying to understand if i am missing something with these new semi offerings

Thank you again

Look at the price difference between the budget AEA and a better semi like an Edgun, Huben or LCS. You tend to get what you pay for and there is no free lunch. 
I have not bought an AEA, but if I had to bet money on it, I would guarantee the three other brands would crush it in an accuracy competition. But they rival more serious bolt actions in price.
I sold my LCS and my two Hubens, simply because they cost me way more to shoot. They were all very accurate and my kids loved shooting them too much. That big rotary mag gets expensive. 

Strike one;

The AEA guns are made in China that alone would stop me from purchasing one.

Strike two;

Add to that it is a new line of guns with many teething problems and defects reported as well as the standard China QC problems. 

Strike three;

There are plenty of them, in the classifieds, no fewer than 13 listed in January alone.

https://www.airgunnation.com/find/

For precision shooting some even go as far as precisely load pellets one by one with specialty tools or devices like Thomas guns. Same can be said about powder burners, even though just about all bolt guns have mag most precision shooters won’t use the mags to prevent damage to casing and bullets from the loading mechanism and single load every shot. Also most precision folks aren’t really too into just shooting groups. When shooting for fun/practice (not groups) I like to reset every shot to work on my first shot on target skills.

Semi auto has too many moving parts to be precise to the highest level, granted some are advanced enough to be precise enough for most people but at very high cost that doesn’t really warrant the cost performance difference. A 1000 dollar ruger precision or tikka will out shoot any 2000 dollar AR pass 300 yards any day and twice on Sunday. 

Different shooting games in my book. Not sure why a bolt would be regulated

I prefer to load up one at a time and enjoy each press of the trigger. Youngsters and new shooters often prefer dumping a mag or two. A few of them will gravitate to the slow lane when they get a chance to punch paper on the 10m line or ring small metal bits 100+ yards out. In my experience the slow lane types are more likely to stay in the game. 

Ive been following and watching fairly closely and have yet to see a really accurate semi. Im hoping they will get the accuracy down in the next couple years because it would sure be nice. Even the fx had its accuracy issues. 

Im seeing 30-50yd hunting accuracy, and some paper plate long range stuff... But until we see MOA accuracy i dont think they will come close to getting majority of the market. 

Theres also the safety aspect of a semi. Theres more things to break, and nobody wants an accidental full auto mag dump. I wouldn't personally trust the chinese semis just yet

Semi autos are fun for spray and pray but when it counts bolt action is the better choice for tack driving accuracy. Bolts and side levers can and do have more precise tolerances. The tighter tolerances won't allow for fast cycling of a semi auto . Granted there are lesser quality bolts and side lever guns that are sloppy but you kind of get what you pay for, quality costs. I like to make my shots count so I'm a die hard bolt/side lever guy. I've seen many people with semi auto rush thier shots because they think why not I've got a fast follow-up. 

Side lever, NOT bolt action for PCP IMHO. :)

Side lever vs. semi auto. This is interesting.

When i began wading into PCP, I wanted semi auto. My powder burning pistols are semiauto (though decidedly old fashioned having been designed by John Browning in 1909)

So I was convinced this is what I wanted in a PCP.

I couldn't find a Steyer hunting, so I pre-ordered an LCS. (didn't need full auto, but wanted the semi)

I got sick of waiting (almost a year) and caved and ordered first a side lever kratos, new, then a SAM Marauder used within about 3 weeks of eachother.

I much prefer the Kratos.

- The Sam does not have the rock solid confidence of when a round is chambered in the way my 1911 pistols do.

- It's a very rare situation where a quick follow up shoot is actually necessary.

A bit like a lever action Winchester, or a good smooth pump shotgun, i actually love the feel and confidence of control working the side lever.

Then my LCS finally arrived, now I have two semi auto's I shoot far less than I shoot my side levers (yes i bought another!)

So I understand the desire for semi auto. But came to find that it didn't play out the away I thought it would in real life.