Bog Deathgrip tripod

I bought one on Amazon and returned it. I'm getting a bit old and the the aluminum version is too heavy to lug around if you move about a lot. But then again I get cranky when it is hot and it was hot that day.
20220618_121831.jpg

This what I used on the impact.
20220618_121908.jpg

Maybe if I got a better base on the sk19 for the grip to grab on to I would have used it more but I already returned it. I think I will try a carbon fiber tripod and a ARCA base type of clamp next time.

Allen

Last edited:
I have one and use it instead of a bench for impromptu shooting areas. Works well for me. A couple guns dont mount in the saddle very well. For those I have to float the gun while I shoot. I find that bullpups are hard to find a good mount area on. For what I paid I'm happy with it. Some of these setups I've seen here are amazing but it comes with a bigger cost then I'm able to spend on my hobby.

I have one, like it a lot. It's good when I stay in one place groundhog hunting. Also used it a couple of tlmes coyote night hunting. It's a solid shooting platform.Weights about 9 lbs. and folds up so its not to hard to carry. Holds the gun tight, if something happen to mine I would buy another.
Thanks for your reply. It looks like it might work for me. 99% of my shooting at my ground squirrel permission is from one spot.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrmodel12
I have both the aluminum and the carbon versions. Both have had a ball head upgrade. I use them daily from the house and weekly on certain pesting jobs. Really stable platform and the $100 ball head upgrade is a huge improvement.
The BOG clamp is heavy. If you set up your gun mated directly to the ball head, you'll shave a couple of pounds. I choose to run the clamp because I like swapping between firearms.