Bog Deathgrip Mount

Just sitting around and this idea popped into my head. Impact m3 I usually just set in the clamp of my deathgrip and clamped it loose on the tank. Just an old scope ring screwed to a 2x4.
20220911_215241.jpg
With this mounted to the stock rail I can clamp in tightly, think it's a better plan?

A Bog Deathgrip tripod came up for sale locally and I thought about doing something like this. But as is typical of me, I thought about it too much and the tripod sold quickly.

I just found two, four screw rings and they fit in three slots of a picatinny riser with plenty of space in between. But I'll be interested to hear if two works for your Impact. I just looked at an image of an M3 and it appears there wouldn't be any interference with the trigger guard or bottle. Of course you could always use a picatinny riser/extender to space them were you wanted and just leave that rail on your M3.

You're making me regret not buying the one locally. At the time Dvor had them on sale for the same price but at the time I wasn't aware there were so many models and that the local one may have actually been a great deal.

Reactions: Revin
I to started out with a setup much like that but I guess I wasn’t steady enough! It was certainly an investment but it works great. Same thought process as tscktran. Very quick attachment to the arca rail And very smooth operation. Good luck with your project.

View attachment 304018

View attachment 304019
Did the ball head come with the arca rail attachment? Do you have source links? I would assume a guy could use a picatinny attachment also.

Amazon….. ARTCISE LB52, it is actually a ball mount for photography but withstands my powder burners I use for deer and coyote hunting. I see today it is unavailable but just pay attention to the ball diameter. There are some very similar. I have one on the Bog Deathgrip and another one I use for indoor competition shooting on a winter league. Both for over a year so for wit’s no issues. Good luck and if I can help anymore let me know.

Reactions: tnbndr