Bog Death Grip chair

20220616_185056.jpg
Looks like I may order one too as the primos trigger tripod that came in the mail today is damaged and can't get one in time for a trip

IMG_5788.jpegIMG_5780.jpegIMG_5786.jpegNo experience with the chair but I have a great set up for my M3. Clamping my rig onto the BOG at the bottle is very unsteady and the clamp won’t tighten snug enough. The head of the Deathgrip is designed for square rifle stocks - not round air bottles. My solution is a block of wood 2.75” x 2.75” x 4” attached to a 3 slot picatinny adapter with counter sunk screws. The result is very solid and requires just a snug tighten. See images

IMG_5780.jpeg

Hello:
I just ordered a Bog Death Grip chair for my Fx Impact M3 22 Sniper.
does anyone have any experience with these chairs, good , bad or otherwise?
I've got a bad back so I thought it might be easier than a tripod.
I've used the BOG chair....too me its too unstable.... A regular folding shooting bench is much sturdier... A regular tripod with a chair and a second shooting stick for the rear is stable. I'm handicap in same boat.. I have regular BOG Carbon fiber tripod..I want to convert it to a ball head and arcade rails...

An old thread, but to help others, who found out that the design of the chair could be a little better.

The tendency of the chair is to tip over when nobody is seated on it when the horizontal upper arm is extended just a little outward.

But the solution to stabilise the whole setup is really simple and cheap, and it makes the seat (at least ;)) 1000% better!

You just need a piece of wooden broomstick (or rigid PVC, metal or thick carbon tube. It doesn't even need to be round, a small piece of lumber works too!), some velcro straps (preferably the ones with a D ring, to be able to tighten easily) and a little piece of some sort of grip tape (I use bandage tape, NOT the sandpaper type, as it will scratch the finish of the metal arm!)

Here you can see the empty seat with the arm FULLY extended sideways and as you can see it stands very stable all by itself:

IMG_4830.JPEG
IMG_4831.JPEG

That's all there is to it!

Of course one could really go overboard with some truss clamps, and an extendable monopod (or cut one leg off of a cheap tripod for that sake...) but the ghetto way shown above works just fine, especially when you spray the "leg" matte black, then it just seems to belong there...

Last edited:
Reactions: RM.510bigbore