• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Results Boerne Field Target- Feb 2024. Match Report

“Frozen wind began to blow
Under my boots and around my toes
The frost that bit the ground below
It was a hundred degrees below zero

And my mama cried..”
-F.Z.

February in Texas Hill Country. The most conflicted, contorted and frustrating weather I have ever encountered in all my days. From 70’s all throughout the afternoon and early evening prior to Lukenbach meets Nanook in a matter of hours by morning, the 18+ mph gusts came in uninvited and yet expected to welcome our February Field Target Match. Six shooters braved up and bundled up that morning, and on arrival my attempts at consolation that it was more enjoyable on the course were balked as quickly as our nightly news. Sight in might have looked like some were getting on paper for the first time with an airgun, but even still we marched on like good FT ants and shot the 48 shot course with vigor and valor, vehemently ignoring the conditions. Our focus became frozen on knocking over metal targets painted sun yellow, mocking us when set against the green groundcover from the previous weeks’ warmths and hope for spring. And knock them over we did, all the targets fell at least once, some by many, others by few.

We had a tie for first! Yes, a bit of warmth with a ray of excitement came our way, David T. and Jim C. both agreed that dropping a core body temperature vs dropping a target for a shoot off was a no brainer and we resorted to the forced position-standing lane scores. David T. stood taller and won the February BFTC Match! Congrats David! Bill B. was only one shot behind the other Red Wolf shooters too. Tight pack at the top this month! I did the club’s rifle little justice sitting six shots behind. Indian not the arrow! Our recently donated Tenacious Airguns Cricket 2 Tact outshoots me but is ready for anyone wanting to try it and shoot FT! Thanks again Derrick! 12 fpe and 12+ mph winds squares to exactly 144 times the respect I give to both Robert D. and Juan G and anyone who does. Robert was a mere two shots back from me, shooting a beautiful Weirauch springer and Juan’s EV2 took him three steps behind Robert.
Great shooting all and thanks for coming and showing your support!

Jim C. designed the course however I did add/change some shots without Jim’s foreknowledge of those precise target locations, but were close in Troyer. Running the numbers the 48 shot course came out to a 31.69 Troyer with a StdDev of 5.1.

SNAFU time, I forgot to move the shooting line markers on lane 10 over to the right by 2 ft. This made the far target only visible by using an elevated seat, but fortunately the first group was using seats and I was the second group so no harm really. Two targets have finally given up, the far target on lane 5 ( bird) and lane 4 near target ( chicken). The bird would faint when provoked and the chicken should be in the bread pan picking out dough.

Robert D. and Leslie keep the BFTC forward camp moving, assisting me with setup and keeping tabs on sanity. Thank you Robert and Leslie!!!! And thank you all who help break down the match! Those winders will be getting better! Don’t forget about N50 later in the day!

Save the Date! Our next match is scheduled for Saturday March 16th!

May God bless Texas and all things airgun

-Shepard M. BSC Airgun Match Director

ForumCopy_BFTC2024_REPORT.jpeg