• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bobcat speed

I have tried up to about 1150fps (not with the Bobcat, but with JSB .30's out of an ST bore) and didn't really feel like I was giving up much at all in accuracy. Just, the reduction in shot count was a trade off that I did not feel was needed. I shoot everything in that mid to high 880-890 range, and find that it allows me to get the results that I want out of an airgun. I do see people starting to push velocities higher and higher, but honestly, for me I don;t see the need... and trust me, I shot at distance! I have the BC zero'd at 50 yards, and have been shooting a GOB at between 75 and 100 yards.

Reactions: Beagle02
I cannot comment on a Bobcat's top pellet ed for accuracy since I do not own one. However, I recently purchased a 25 cal. Cricket and it came from the factory set at 1000 fps with a 7fps spread for 50 shots with JSB 25.4 gr. Pellets. I intended to have the power reduced until I took it out to he range. With 1.5 to 2 inch groups at 100 yardsI considered it satisfactory.

Reactions: Bob and Beagle02
My numbers:

Bobcat .22 - 900fps
Bobcat .25 - 910fps
Bobcat .30 - 880fps

The .22 can be increased to as much as 930; same applies to the .25. The .30 is maxed out at 880.

I have accuracy-tested both the .22 and .25 at 920-930fps. I could not see any appreciable difference in accuracy from their current settings (eg. They were shooting well). But, the "harmony" of the gun did not feel right. The sound, feel, firing cycle, recoil.....these just did not feel "perfect", like the guns do when the speed is set at around 900fps. The velocity spread was also a little more exaggerated (15fps spread vs 10fps spread). So, I keep my guns tuned to "maximum harmony." :) 

For what it's worth, the speeds that I use for all three guns are actually the EXACT speeds that the guns were shooting right out of the box. I had to play around with the hammer springs to realize that FX had actually set the darn things at their best "spot" back in the factory. But, that is just my nature - it can't be helped. ;)

Reactions: Bob
"FearnLoading"The cat I have shoots the same as Teds at about 880. I get about 25 consistent shots with it. I have the smaller cylinder on the gun and not the longer one. Beyond 24 shots the groups at 70 yards start spreading out a bit. But within 70 yards it's pretty much hole in hole.

So, you have a Bobcat .30 with the 300cc (small) air cylinder? You must own one of the early ones.

"Ted"
"FearnLoading"The cat I have shoots the same as Teds at about 880. I get about 25 consistent shots with it. I have the smaller cylinder on the gun and not the longer one. Beyond 24 shots the groups at 70 yards start spreading out a bit. But within 70 yards it's pretty much hole in hole.

So, you have a Bobcat .30 with the 300cc (small) air cylinder? You must own one of the early ones.
I guess so. It has the new stock though. The one you co designed with FX. I prefer the smaller 300 cc tank to be honest. Fewer shots but more of a bull pup feel than carbine. Plus it's a tad lighter in weight. I have an MTC Viper Connect scope on it. Like the fact that it has zero eye relief.