• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Bobcat MK2 Regulator Adjustment

Hi,

I noticed from the factory my .25 Bobcat MK2 regulator pressure is set at 140 bar.
Accuracy is OK. At 60-80 yards the groups open up to almost 1.5" and at 100 yards I'm looking at 2" groups. Shooting JSB Kings. If weather holds up I'll get chrony results tomorrow.
The chrony results from AOA on my gun were at 916FPS average. No idea what pellet they used.

Im asking about the regulator adjustment because I noticed on Teds .25 Bobcat, the regulator pressure looked to be around 200 BAR and his gun is stupid accurate.

Any input is appreciated. 
Thanks,
-Jeff

Ahhh, this is true. Didn't think about that. I forgot the new stocks are on the old models as well.
Got some crony results and figured out my accuracy issue.

Im averaging 908 FPS using JSB Kings. That's right where I want it.

The accuracy issue was due to canting. I corrected that and I'm shooting the heads off of small flowers at 35 yards. I'm hitting the regular sized Advil bottles at 100 yards. It's all about practice now. Haha
I have the gun zeroed at 30 yards. The second zero is at 40 yards. Can't wait to get in the woods with it. 👍

Thanks for the reply
-Jeff

It may just take a few thousand pellets to break in the rifle 100% and let all the seals settle into the gun. I'm between 1 and 1.5" groups at 70 yards.
More shootin time and getting to know the gun better is what I'm betting on to improve accuracy. I've only shot about 400 pellets out of mine so far.
Out to 50 yards this gun is deadly accurate. I was shooting the tops off of clover at 35 yards today and shooting the stems in half of tall weeds. Not bad. I want to hit shotgun shells at 100 yards with this gun sooner or later. Haha. Time for more practice. 👍

My Bobcat Mk II in .22 has it's regulator set to 140 bar according to the gauge, but I need to find out what FPS it's shooting at. I have a nice chronograph just haven't had time to set everything up as I'm working 105 hours of OT this month. Here is a video that shows you how to adjust the regulator. The guy in the video is Ernest Rowe and he's done a few videos showing how to work on the Crickets. Seems like a real nice guy, kinda a very mechanically inclined Ted.