Boat tail slugs

With there better bc why don’t we see more boat tail slugs? Is it because they are harder to make. I know to swag them it is a 2 stage process does this make it to hard for the mass producers of slugs to bother? 

Are they more difficult to tune? I’ve seen a few shooters on the forum have had success with them. Please share your experience with them. I’m thinking of getting the extra dies Corbin have to make them. Is it worth it?
Thanks Michael

I also think that boat tails are more difficult for magazines as their shape allows for more travel and thus they weren't loading properly. 
But with that said, there are a few aftermarket folks making inserts for the magazines to allow for the more narrow projectiles. I for one, have been shooting boat tails out of both the Impact MK2 and MK3 as well as the Maverick with excellent results.

I tested Inferno 30 cal HP/RBT from 70 -90 gr and finally settled on 85 gr at 850 fps. My observation RBT don’t like to be shot fast, my 30 cal was running at 140 fpe.
E6BB3DEA-5BD0-4CD2-90A9-7E823BD62902.1624821882.png

All boat tail used to be available with HP and those who still make them they make HP .. I have not seen them flat point when swaging.. only when casting I have seen them flat point..as for the contact surface they are better then the flat base because they drag only in the center..in a flat base you will drag almost 3/4 of the length of the slugs...my condor could not shoot flat base above 26g it was like putting a cork..but it works great with the boat tails...same happens with my taipan long..it could not shoot anything above 21g ...but shoot 28g boat tail great..