Blundairbus. Does it exist?

I saw a television program recently about the blunderbus, and how it could be used to shoot rocks or just about anything you could shove down in the funnel. I was widening if there is a high power pcp blunderbus available, or a high power cop shotgun that can be easily converted into one.

Most of the high power pcp shotguns I’ve read about have charged cartridges that are loaded with BBs. I don’t think that would work for a blunderbus. Is there one that uses a pcp cylinder and wadding, or some other mechanism that could possibly be suitable?

It sure does. Our started out as a potato cannon utilizing a sprinkler valve and compressed air. But if you add a small piece of foam you can load water balloons, rocks nuts bolts whatever you want and it will fire them. The best are water balloons, at 17 PSI you can shoot a 1 and 1/2 inch diameter water balloons straight up in the air until it is completely out of sight.

Seems you'd have to have a LOT of pressure, and expel it all at once to get any projectiles down range very far with that type barrel.

That style weapon has been a favorite of mine also. Seems all but impossible to do it right with that barrel and just an air blast. But a look-a-like gun with a short, deeply inset, more normal air gun barrel (to make it difficult to see} would be cool, just for fun.

Mike

Hahaha Oh... the stupid but FUN memories just started rushing back into my static filled mind when I read this one.. 🤣 

As teens, we used to build some pretty serious 'potato guns'.
Simplistic ones work just fine, but, ours utilized electronic coils / plugs, and push button triggers.. 
We also used to mount laser pointers to them for better/faster aiming..

AquaNet hairspray actually does work the best - If you're trying to be on the safe side.. 
It is still plenty effective.

We took things a bit further and used ether, starer fluid, and once even oxyacetylene [Don't try that last one!! lol]

After tamping a potato down the barrel to plug off the pressure, we'd put all sorts of other things in there..
Then just shove a wadded paper towel in to keep things put..

The devastation those things would create was Awesome! 

😃👍 

Sam -

PS: Pneumatic versions are also a blast.. We made those too.. 
You can also buy t-shirt launchers that work the same way. Just mod for 'other use'.