Bluetooth Pressure guage?

It'd be interesting but one more layer of complexity.
I dont think so.
Maybe for young eyes that can actualy read the smalll gauges, but I have old eyes so I alread am using my phone to magnify those tiny gauges just to get an aproximate idea of what the preasure is.

A pair of BT pressure sinsors coupled with a good iOS app that could monitor chronograph, regulated and main pressures on my ipad would be an amazing tool

Last edited:
I dont think so.
Maybe for young eyes that can actualy read the smalll gauges, but I have old eyes so I alread am using my phone to magnify those tiny gauges just to get an aproximate idea of what the preasure is.

A pair of BT pressure sinsors coupled with a good iOS app that could monitor chronograph, regulated and main pressures on my ipad would be an tool
I agree. I use a cheap tablet for my chronograph as it is.

Reactions: jmohme
I dont think so.

A pair of BT pressure sinsors coupled with a good iOS app that could monitor chronograph, regulated and main pressures on my ipad would be an amazing tool
We can have a contest to see whose eyes are older, yeah the digital gauges are nice but hell to see in the light. Oh mine are 3/4 century plus 1

Reactions: jmohme and Mcleod
We can have a contest to see whose eyes are older, yeah the digital gauges are nice but hell to see in the light. Oh mine are 3/4 century plus 1
Ha Ha! My eyes are not quite that old, but close.

Not really interested in digital gauges as much as a sensor that will transmit to the tablet sitting on my shooting bench. I would buy at least 4 of them in a heart beat, especially if an app like what I mentioned in post #4 were available.

Ha Ha! My eyes are not quite that old, but close.

Not really interested in digital gauges as much as a sensor that will transmit to the tablet sitting on my shooting bench. I would buy at least 4 of them in a heart beat, especially if an app like what I mentioned in post #4 were available.
Because I use the FX radar, it'd be extra cool if they could incorporate it into their readouts. HEY FX let's chat, we (you) need to add and change a few things to make the app a smidge easier to use.

Keep in mind how many BT connections can your phone or tablet handle in real time?
I am using a droid tablet at my bench, and already a problem swapping in between the radar and Strelok, and when I added the wind indicator (for Strelok to show me the POA) the droid kept only one BT active, one at a time. For this same reason I made a separate screen for the FX radar on the unit itself.

Reactions: Dairyboy
Keep in mind how many BT connections can your phone or tablet handle in real time?
I am using a droid tablet at my bench, and already a problem swapping in between the radar and Strelok, and when I added the wind indicator (for Strelok to show me the POA) the droid kept only one BT active, one at a time. For this same reason I made a separate screen for the FX radar on the unit itself.
In most cases, if given the choice between wired and wireless. I will choose wired, so, unlike many people, I do not have dozens of bluetooth devices, so those limitations are not relevant to me.

I would use my iPad for a display while shooting, and the pressure sensors and maybe a chronograph would be the only connections.

As for my phone. Only a watch with air pods so that I can leave my PITA phone at home.

I am working towards accuracy at 100yds with my .22 cal crown. My first issue is that both of the pressure guages are on the bottom of the rifle. Constantly flipping the rifle over to check the bottle and guage pressure is a small concern. It breaks the setup and changes the aim point, etc. I am sure that once I get my reg set to my liking, this issue would become mute until I want to change the tune for another pellet/slug/weight combination.

Reactions: jmohme