Blue Lock tight ?

Loctite for air rifles is bad ju ju
wood is hygroscopic. It expands and contracts as the atmosphere and weather alows it

you crush the wood tight with your screw And washer and it’s locked in that position ..After tightening.. if you do not keep your wood stocks in climate controlled environments then it’s gonna expand in humid days , worse after it crushes the grain from expansion it’s gonna shrink back to its original size.. Now loose from crushing the grain during swelling ..

and your screws are locked in place to no support.. pillars are what’s needed in wood stocks.

springer maintenance is part of owning them ..like checking your oil every three months. Check your stock screws

Loctite for air rifles is bad ju ju
wood is hygroscopic. It expands and contracts as the atmosphere and weather alows it

you crush the wood tight with your screw And washer and it’s locked in that position ..After tightening.. if you do not keep your wood stocks in climate controlled environments then it’s gonna expand in humid days , worse after it crushes the grain from expansion it’s gonna shrink back to its original size.. Now loose from crushing the grain during swelling ..

and your screws are locked in place to no support.. pillars are what’s needed in wood stocks.

springer maintenance is part of owning them ..like checking your oil every three months. Check your stock screws
This might make sense if you include the use of a torque wrench......but you didn't.

Reactions: sekiar and gendoc
With no knowledge of where you start not ability to get back to the same place your guessing. Unless your living in a super humid area or hauling it around in the rain I think your worried about a problem that is not normal. Pillars came into existence with the early shell fiberglass stocks. Why? Because that is when the need started.

Reactions: nervoustrig
Anything you think needs blue loctite on it use Permatex Ultra Black RTV instead. It will never vibrate loose and you can still remove the fastener with ease. Also use on hammer spring adjusters. Keeps tension on the threads even after adjusting.
Store the tube in your freezer after opening and it will last forever. Available online or at your local auto parts store.

81l2nU36W2L._SL1500_[1].jpg

With no knowledge of where you start not ability to get back to the same place your guessing. Unless your living in a super humid area or hauling it around in the rain I think your worried about a problem that is not normal. Pillars came into existence with the early shell fiberglass stocks. Why? Because that is when the need started.
You just proved why a moisture meter is NEEDED .. ITS EXACTLY what it does. Can you control the woods expansion and contraction .. not unless you store it with the Mona Lisa vault.

Been using blue locktite for decades. Many hundreds of times, for just about every application. Guns, RC Helicopters, autos, etc.

Yes you can use that on your springer stock screws. Just use a tiny drop and wipe excess off with a paper towel.
You can easily tighten or loosen those screws anytime you want in the future. It will remain in the threads and still hold the screws from turning even after many adjustments. That's what it's designed for!
You should wait about a half hour after installing the screws. It sets up pretty quick under pressure and lack of oxygen.
They won't move after that.
Have fun.

Reactions: fishing43
Anything you think needs blue loctite on it use Permatex Ultra Black RTV instead. It will never vibrate loose and you can still remove the fastener with ease. Also use on hammer spring adjusters. Keeps tension on the threads even after adjusting.
Store the tube in your freezer after opening and it will last forever. Available online or at your local auto parts store.

View attachment 453531
Spot on! Wish I could triple-like this post.

GsT

A lot of my springers have star washers ,no other thing is needed.Overtighen and the problem begins,let the washer do the proper work,=stock screws..Never had a problem with metal to metal when proper washer installed.The only problem I have had is with the back trigger guard screw.
I am of the opinion that over tightning a screw is the problem that causes the most problems .There is a relationship with screws and stocks,many people do not know how to keep the relationship tight,LOL Another thing is the vibration that the springers have,the ham fisted ways some people apply pressure to quall this vibration can have a better outcome when you know what you are doing...and why..if the vibration dampening stuff you use works =it works ,keep in mind vibration stock washers and vibration dampening RTV should work.I guess what I am really trying to say if you have to use lock tight,something went wrong,butt hay,if it works it works for you,no problems ,well too coffee :whistle::coffee:

Reactions: A.G.R