• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Events Blue Balls 2022, Saturday February 12

• Thread starter Deleted member 38071
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38071

Join us at the Mass Rifle Association in Woburn Massachusetts for our annual Blue Balls match.

Massachusetts Rifle Association
290R Salem Street, Woburn, MA 01801

The match is shot in three stages, the first with an air pistol, the next two with air rifles. Any caliber, scope and stock combo is allowed. Match fee is $15. Sign up starts at 8:30.

Stage one is at 10 yards pistol only. The Targets are 1" disks, 25 in total with a time limit of 20 minutes. You get one shot per disk with unlimited sighters.

Stage two is at 25 yards rifle only. Targets are 1" disks, 25 in total with a time limit of 20 minutes. You get one shot per disk with unlimted sighters.

Stage three is at 50 yards rifle only. Targets are 1.5" disks, 15 in total with a time limit of 20 minutes. You get 1 shot per target with unlimted sighters. 

Now the fun part. The match will be shot offhand for all stages and at the McLaughlin Range, outdoors. There is a shed with wood stove if you need to warm up so don't be shy.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask here, or contact john eroh: [email protected], or matt sawyer: [email protected].

Few more questions: any rules on seating/poses? I like to sit and pose more than anything, and a heatedf lawn chair sounds great for this, but if we're strict open hand we can't use elbows on our knee's while trying to look pretty. Do I have that right, or do you just mean we can't use sticks but posing weird with our bones and joints locked up allowed? I'm setting up the practice range/gun bag etc. and want to make sure I get everything right, oh yeah one more: what's the target height?

I'll bring 65 pellet's just in case, nice try shooter! Do both 'a rifle' rounds have to be the same 'a rifle'? ie: is 'a rifle' always 'a rifle' once 'a rifle' is assigned to a make and model of rifle, or is there a third field on the score card for "second rifle"? ie: can I swap the pistol grip for the rifle buttstock on my crossman drifter for the first two rounds, then switch to a break barrel for the last 15 shots at 50 yards? If no, that's cool, I'll just put a scope with a zoomy thing on the drifter tomorrow, and lug a smaller bag. Also I'm bringing a new shooter this time, so I want to make sure we both have 'legal' rigs, he's former Marine so I got him a crossman extreme rig for xmas to get him out, but I gotta setup a couple pistols hence all the questions.

The temps ran above 60 degrees today. Think this match should be renamed to something else. How about?
E6868695-FBC7-41AD-9902-843BBE2D976B.1644700056.png

Hey Ken that's a fantastic Photo. It's great to hear from ya, how are things? I hope all is well and loved seeing the photo of Tim and you, in fact, I was thinking of him the other day and it has inspired me to host a Spring Safri match using the Animal Crackers as Tim did in 2012 Blue balls/Winter Safri. Paul Cray is running the matches in Wappingers Falls now, I haven't been down there in the way too long I'll have to make it to a couple of matches this season. Hope to catch ya aging on the forum! 

So, we're thinking of doing a similar Match which will be called the Spring Safari . The match is shot in three stages, the first with an air pistol, the next two with air rifles. Any caliber, scope, and stock combo are allowed. The match fee is $15. Sign-up starts at 8:30. Dates: ? Possibly the 1st weekend of April, or the 3rd weekend of March something like that. We will make decisions based on other events at other clubs and what's going on within the MRA club itself.

Stage one is at 10 yards pistol only. The Targets are Animal Crackers, 25 in total with a time limit of 25 minutes. You get one shot per disk with unlimited sighters.

Stage two is at 25 maybe 20yards? yards rifle only. Targets are Animal Crackers, 25 in total with a time limit of 25 minutes. You get one shot per disk with unlimited sighters.

Stage three is at 50 yards rifle only. Targets are Traced out Silhouette Rams, 15 in total with a time limit of 20 minutes. You get 1 shot per target with unlimited sighters. 

Now the fun part. The match will be shot offhand for all stages and at the McLaughlin Range, outdoors. There is a shed with a wood stove if you need to warm up so don't be shy.

Please reply if you would be interested in something like this.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask here, or contact John Eroh: [email protected], or matt sawyer: [email protected].

Matt just checked, its 18+ hour drive to your shooting location from my home in Manitowoc, WI. I shoot FT now at BAGA in Bristol WI, its about 2 hour drive each way from where I live. They have several matches starting in April or May and end with a monster match with 50 to 60+ targets in September or October. Then they go indoors and shoot 30 yd IFP paper targets.