Blow piping it ( shooting extremely low pressure )

Peashooter

Apr 9, 2021
Denmark
So i have ben having a couple of really nice days at the range, even if there was levels of wind worth mentioning.
Still my slug addition was put on hold for most of the time and i dispensed about 600 pellets spread over beasts - JSB heavy - Air arms heavy - and H&N Barracudas of the plain flavor.

And all of them flew very nice indeed out of my 700 mm heavy liner, and even more so when i found out that above 950 FPS using 90 BAR regulated pressure i just can not get my regulator to give me flat shot strings.
But below that pressure and my shot strings are even more flat than the topography of Denmark are.

So for all the pellets, even the 16 grain beasts and also later on 13 Zan slugs, well my regulator pressure was very low.
Actually the pressure was as low as the FX regulator would allow me to do, so in my case that's about 40 - 50 BAR. At leas 1/4 more turn and the regulator would not regulate but just be a valve shutting off air completely.
Hammer spring wheel was at #1 ( factory .177 hammer weight and spring )

And that is plenty to push a 10-11 grain pellet to speeds upwards of 900 FPS, and as you can see in the pictures also give a very OK shot string and accuracy ( 10 shot groups )

IMG_20230822_183320.jpg

It was no problem shooting much longer strings, the Spread & STD Dev would remain like that, something i just can not attain or even get near with higher reg pressures ( bout 100 BAR )

Screenshot_2023-08-22-18-39-03-907_com.basepaintball.fxblue.jpg

Best 10 shot group of the day using pellets. ( just 25 M distance ) i would love to do this at 50 M, but that is not happening with the way the Maverick perform, CUZ pancake flat shot strings, and even a variety of speeds and i still have to click around as the POI more or less constantly change, also more than i feel i can blame on the wind.
You really see that shooting 80 M on a dead calm day, and it annoy the hell out of me.

IMG_20230822_200220.jpg

I wonder what shot count that low pressure would give with the 500 CC bottle i have on the rifle ( 90 BAR being what it was set to from the factory )

I kinda like this economy ( air pressure ) shooting , i for sure do not need 90 / 100 BAR to shoot my 13 grain slugs at their best speeds which is from ´950 FPS and a little past 1000 FPS.

PS. I even shot some 82 M with the JSB Heavys, but due to the wind only about 1 of 3 shots landed on the 2" shoot N see marker, with the rest all over around the marker but spread out to where i would have needed a 6 or 8" shoot N see target to keep them all on that, or at least damn near all of them.

If you wonder what the advantage is with a long barrel, well i assume this is it.

Last edited:
That gun definitely doesn’t need a lot of pressure to really perform. I had been running my compact 25 cal at 102 bar shooting 25.39 905-910 fps since I got it. This morning I tuned it down to 88 bar and 865-870 fps with 25.39. I am surprised the power it can produce at such low pressures. It did it very consistently too.

Reactions: Peashooter