Blocked by AGN when I travel??

I recently went to Bermuda for a holiday (actually returned today). While I was there I was not able to post or even login to AGN. Instead I got this message.…

A8DB6554-B8B2-480D-B669-6540BEA5EA06.1651019164.png

I was able to lurk without logging in, but couldn’t comment, start a topic, or PM anyone. I know we’ve all been a little travel deprived over the last two years, but guys, it’s now 2022. I love to travel and I certainly would like to be able to log in and enjoy interacting with the AGN community. I’ve never had this kind of an issue with any other forum or group of which I am a member. Certainly there has to be a better way.

Chris

Your account was held for admin approval because your geolocation did not match your profile location. It was approved yesterday and made exempt from the geolocation. This feature has prevented over 100 fake accounts. This is just a small part of what we do to protect the forum. It's not perfect, but we're doing the best with the limitation of the current software. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-AGN

I had the same happen one night, using my VPN to simulate i was in the US to verify a link to pellets would work ( that the EU shop would ship to the US )

And i am sure it will happen again CUZ even if i mainly use auto connect to best server in the VPN, and that is usually a Danish server, well i have seen to choose something else now and then.

I can sort of accept the argument this "geoblocking" stopping fake accounts, but again with a VPN which everyone should use all the time, well anyone can pretend to be anywhere.

It would be nice if this blocking was removed after some time from trusted members, or there somewhere deep in the settings was a option to apply for the ability to use VPN

BTW another fora i am on,,,, too much, it too some times get a post by some new user, but the report option on posts soon take care of that.

Actually i just reported someone pretending to be American but the site logged in from Taiwan ( yes people are that stupid ) his netflix spam in a thread probably zeroed in on as it have phone / I phone in the topic.

spam.1651054949.jpg

All you have to do is contact a moderator and have them exempt you. I had the same problem a few months ago because I use a VPN.

If you can't log in, how do you contact a moderator? This happened to me with a vpn. Is there a list of moderators somewhere?

Try contacting one of these folks:

@Moderator2

@Moderator3

@Michael

Your account was held for admin approval because your geolocation did not match your profile location. It was approved yesterday and made exempt from the geolocation. This feature has prevented over 100 fake accounts. This is just a small part of what we do to protect the forum. It's not perfect, but we're doing the best with the limitation of the current software. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-AGN

Thanks for the follow up.

I understand. Its not a big deal and I appreciate that there will always be some fallout from trying to prevent malware and fake accounts. 

Chris

All you have to do is contact a moderator and have them exempt you. I had the same problem a few months ago because I use a VPN.

If you can't log in, how do you contact a moderator? This happened to me with a vpn. Is there a list of moderators somewhere?

Try contacting one of these folks:

@Moderator2

@Moderator3

@Michael

I think the point he is making, and certainly what I experienced when it was happening, is that you cannot contact the moderators because you cannot log in to AGN. I don’t have any email addresses for the moderators outside of the AGN PM system, but those (and all of the ones you listed) require you to be logged in.

Chris