• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Blitz magazine mounts/holders?

Actually a diabetes related superhero injury lol. Appreciate the kind words. Sounds like your shooting situation is rough, I've only got about a 25' range where I can safely shoot, luckily my neighbors don't care at all. I think the only thing that might raise alarm is if they heard it going off in the middle of the night. It's crazy the impact of rounds on wood is louder than the gun itself.

Alright so I've finally got some free time after gaggles of doctor appointments, disability hearing and other stuff to get to work on this (sorry it's taking so long), what are you guys' preference for how it mounts to the holder... I'm thinking of using a slot that the winding nut slides down in, but I could use the slots on the mags meant for "jungle rigging" 2 mags together.

The pros of the nut option would be... compatibility with jungle rigged mags. Cons would be since it'd be a slot, if you flip the gun upside down, it could fall out. I would make the slot sort of a J shape to help prevent that, but it would still probably happen. Pros of the rigging clip would be it'd fit more securely but also be harder to pull the mags off and no jungle rigged mags. So, I'm leaning heavily toward the nut/slot option.

As far as the rest of the design I'm thinking an angled mount to fit on the right side pic rail on the tank since that's the side the mags load into. I could also make one to fit the receiver area (probably held to the left on that one due to the mag design), because I don't think I'll be able to fit more than 1 mag per holder due to the way they fit together when jungle rigged. I'm assuming not everyone has ditched the carry handle irons for a scope, so will work around that.

Let me know y'alls suggestions for this so I can make sure I'm actually making what you want.

Any reason you aren't using the stock? The key/tool for spinning the magazine is useless, no? Why not use that area

Alright so I've finally got some free time after gaggles of doctor appointments, disability hearing and other stuff to get to work on this (sorry it's taking so long), what are you guys' preference for how it mounts to the holder... I'm thinking of using a slot that the winding nut slides down in, but I could use the slots on the mags meant for "jungle rigging" 2 mags together.

The pros of the nut option would be... compatibility with jungle rigged mags. Cons would be since it'd be a slot, if you flip the gun upside down, it could fall out. I would make the slot sort of a J shape to help prevent that, but it would still probably happen. Pros of the rigging clip would be it'd fit more securely but also be harder to pull the mags off and no jungle rigged mags. So, I'm leaning heavily toward the nut/slot option.

As far as the rest of the design I'm thinking an angled mount to fit on the right side pic rail on the tank since that's the side the mags load into. I could also make one to fit the receiver area (probably held to the left on that one due to the mag design), because I don't think I'll be able to fit more than 1 mag per holder due to the way they fit together when jungle rigged. I'm assuming not everyone has ditched the carry handle irons for a scope, so will work around that.

Let me know y'alls suggestions for this so I can make sure I'm actually making what you want.

Scalesdini, How have you been? Recovered from the amputation? I sure hope so. Just checking into see if you ever came up with a good design. There is a download on the net for a version of a holder: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4359551

I'm thinking more along the lines of an attachment bar where the magazine attachment clip is utilized to attach the magazine to the bar.