Black Friday just landed

1543456426_14484688225bff46aaa0f733.48545185_3EF3C229-30AF-4E2D-9448-B3DFD587958E.jpeg

Nice I got a donnyfl, 4 tins of edgun 25 cal,4 tins of jsb 25cal ,a r5m long 25 and ldc adapter ordered. I dunno which Donnyfl the wife got me. I’m excited to say the least!

I don't think you're going to need an LDC with a R5m long. I have one and it's pretty damn quiet by just stuffing some felt into the shroud. To test it shoot a pellet outdoors in a safe direction into the air not holding the gun against your head sound is very quiet. Like many of told me on this forum the hammer noise and impact on the target are louder than the muzzle noise. Why add the additional weight length and cost of an LDC. That's the primary reason I bought the long versus the normal length r5m for the additional shroud volume that will ensure quietness without adding any aftermarket equipment. I don't own anything else but a Marauder and I posted that is much quieter than the marauder at a higher power level. The same can't be said for many other popular guns in which ldcs are routinely added to make them backyard friendly.

Nice I got a donnyfl, 4 tins of edgun 25 cal,4 tins of jsb 25cal ,a r5m long 25 and ldc adapter ordered. I dunno which Donnyfl the wife got me. I’m excited to say the least!

I don't think you're going to need an LDC with a R5m long. I have one and it's pretty damn quiet by just stuffing some felt into the shroud. To test it shoot a pellet outdoors in a safe direction into the air not holding the gun against your head sound is very quiet. Like many of told me on this forum the hammer noise and impact on the target are louder than the muzzle noise. Why add the additional weight length and cost of an LDC. That's the primary reason I bought the long versus the normal length r5m for the additional shroud volume that will ensure quietness without adding any aftermarket equipment. I don't own anything else but a Marauder and I posted that is much quieter than the marauder at a higher power level. The same can't be said for many other popular guns in which ldcs are routinely added to make them backyard friendly.

Because I might get a Lelya in the future...and I also have an extra sumo laying around, just in case. 

Nice, I picked up a Beeman P-17 for just under $25 shipped. Fun little pistol for the money!

OH MAN you are in for a real treat if you haven't shot one yet! I got two, one has a pistol scope and the other is for open sights shooting.

CA

Thanks CA

I bought it just for giggles. My friend Charlie Allen of "Big Blast" fame was telling me that an air rifle needed to produce 700 fps at the muzzle to penetrate a plastic soda bottle pumped up to 90 or 100 psi?

Well, I didn't believe him??? I haven't run it across the chrony yet, but they spec the P-17 around 400 fps. Darn thing would shoot right through an 8oz water bottle, but would bounce right off a 2 liter Sundrop bottle pumped up to 90 psi? So Charlie was right and I stand corrected! LOL

But I'm still glad I bought it. Fun little gun. Doubt I will put a scope or red dot on it.

Fuss