• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Black Friday deals?? Meh!

Even a entry level would be better than nothing.

Or a Black Friday pellet/ammo blowout sale.
Yeah, looks like I will be searching (again) for a pellet that works well in my recently fixed DAR Gen2 .177!

Nothing I have in stock doesn't have too many "fliers" and PA only gives the 3 for 4 discount on the cheapest pellets in your order!

Oh well... BF didn't make me pull the trigger on ANYTHING! And maybe that is a good thing? (smile)

All my best!

Kerry

As I stated , perhaps their overhead is such that they need to make a profit on shipping. I honestly can't make that call as they may not have enough markup incorporated in the price of the gun and therefore they need to pad the total price . And no, I wouldn't have bought..........
Were those rates with actual package dimensions and weight? Plus insured for 1100 dollars ? 55 is definitely steep but even with pirate ship or shippo I have found lately that guns fully insured were close to 40 bucks. I’m shipping one today to be fixed from Mi to Nc and it was 22 or 26 (can’t remember) plus another 15 bucks for 1200 insurance.

I thought the offerings of Black Friday deals in the airgun world were rather disappointing. Mostly items discontinued or others with a minor discount. The only real deals were for Arken scopes, but that's been going on for a while. Otherwise, no guns or big dollar items that would tickle my fancy.
Had been going back and forth on the Arken due to the super heavy weight. Now they have jacked the prices so it made the decision easy. Saved me $$ actually I guess.

Just caught this. Sales and coupon codes for Blackhound, Maven, Tract, and Valadada scopes.

Reactions: qball
I checked sales prices at various places then decided to call a likely candidate for a purchase. The tripod and head I wanted was sold to me for less than the MAP set sale price.
He got to make a sale and move some products off the shelf to make room for 2024 product and I got a better deal than I could find elsewhere.

That was the trick, I just asked nicely, and the guy on the other end chose to give me a additional discount. If he hadn't I don't know if I had bought these items because I was considering the lesser product brand because it was cheaper by a couple hundred. Then after receiving this tripod and head I couldn't have been more happy!
20231122_103748.jpg

Had been going back and forth on the Arken due to the super heavy weight. Now they have jacked the prices so it made the decision easy. Saved me $$ actually I guess.
I bought an EPL4 and a SH4J, but it was two weeks before Black Friday. Guess it was a good move since the prices went up $50.

I bought an EPL4 and a SH4J, but it was two weeks before Black Friday. Guess it was a good move since the prices went up $50.
Did you see the newest "lightweight" scope they have? It has both turrets capped and is really cheap right now with the %25 off. I assume its the same scope as the EPL4 but a capped elevation turret, and you can choose the plain reticle or their xmas tree reticle.

EDIT: Nevermind it doesnt look like the newer LH4 has the ELD Japanese lenses.

Last edited:
Yes definitely. Weird thing is that now I can never buy one because I hesitated. I guess I’m weird. I will spend 300 on another brand because I could have gotten the Arken for 224 so now I will never spend 300 on one 🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: MongooseV8
They raised prices on the 24th for some reason, seems most companies wait till the new year. But they havent really raised their prices much over the last few years, so it was bound to happen.
Perhaps the reason for raising prices prior to the holiday sale season was to give the illusion of a sale or savings in order to stimulate revenue. Deceptive tactics in my book.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Perhaps the reason for raising prices prior to the holiday sale season was to give the illusion of a sale or savings in order to stimulate revenue. Deceptive tactics in my book.
Its possible. They do have regular sales and discounts. But we all get notices every year from our favorite retailers: "Quick buy now! We are raising our prices January 1st, so hurry to take advantage of last years pricing!"

Marketing is deceptive by nature, always trying to convince me I need to buy more stuff lol. 😵

@MongooseV8 It’s different when you’re given advance notice of a price increase.
What do you mean? Are you saying you prefer a notice prices are going up? Or does that make it worse? I dont like any price increase ;) . But Arken did send out several emails to their customers about the increase. They sent out emails everday before Thanksgiving leading up to the actual day of increase.

Reactions: jps2486
What do you mean? Are you saying you prefer a notice prices are going up? Or does that make it worse? I dont like any price increase ;) . But Arken did send out several emails to their customers about the increase. They sent out emails everday before Thanksgiving leading up to the actual day of increase.
@MongooseV8 I think we’re in agreement in not liking to see prices increase. I’m saying “it’s different” as in not deceptive when a company tells you that they intend to increase their prices by a certain date or in the near future. I like that Arken notified their customers. I experienced a similar thing with Alkin when I’d communicated with Alkin reps for months before purchasing my compressor. I was notified that rates would go up at the end of that year. I purchased my compressor before said date and the rates did go up after I made my purchase as they told me they would.

I think jacking up prices just before a sales event is a piss poor marketing ploy designed to make money off of those who are not paying attention to prices, don’t care, or are impulsive shoppers. I also think it’s a chicken 💩 thing to do.

Reactions: MongooseV8