Black Friday deals?? Meh!

Black Friday deals have gotten worse or disappeared for everything. They stopped the good deals when they started the Black Friday deals 1-2 weeks early and on top of that, I've seen so many examples of places slowly raising prices leading up to the sale and then just marking things back down to what they were and in some cases they aren't even as cheap "on sale" as they were a few weeks ago. I've seen that personally with a backpack on amazon that ended up being $2 cheaper at regular price before the "sale"

20% off on Crosman, Benjamin and Diana rifles if your looking at one seems like a good deal to me :rolleyes:.
Agreed, if that is what one is looking for. Then again, similar sales on those earlier too. Air Arms and other product ranges were included last year, but not this year. AoA also has a few offerings though most same as pre-BF pricing.

I was interested in a preowned airgun at SPAW.............Tiapan .25 long listed @ $1199.99.......................not bad and only 3 states away : Fla to NC.................

then I saw the shipping...........$55 ???????????????? I could ship and insure the same gun for less than $20. I guess a little "mark up" has been

slipped into the shipping................cardboard boxes and tape aren't cheap these days........

but in their defense, I don't know what overhead expenses they must deal with.

Screenshot 2023-11-25 15.22.43.png

Last edited:
I was interested in a preowned airgun at SPAW.............Tiapan .25 long listed @ $1199.99.......................not bad and only 3 states away : Fla to NC.................

then I saw the shipping...........$55 ???????????????? I could ship and insure the same gun for less than $20. I guess a little "mark up" has been

slipped into the shipping................cardboard boxes and tape aren't cheap these days........

but in their defense, I don't know what overhead expenses they must deal with.

View attachment 409587
If the price was $1254.99 and free shipping would you have bought? Is price out the door still a good deal, reaction to shipping put aside? Perhaps call them, haggle a bit?

If the price was $1254.99 and free shipping would you have bought? Is price out the door still a good deal, reaction to shipping put aside? Perhaps call them, haggle a bit?
As I stated , perhaps their overhead is such that they need to make a profit on shipping. I honestly can't make that call as they may not have enough markup incorporated in the price of the gun and therefore they need to pad the total price . And no, I wouldn't have bought..........

TopGunAirguns has some bundle deals...600 off some.....but yeah, not my much happening it seems....
Their gear is typically high to begin with.

In a general sense, I don’t think folks got many great deals if you haven’t been watching an items for a time to know how they’d been priced for 4-6 months or longer. I didn’t even see many deals on pellets.

This year was bad for sales pretty much everywhere across all industries. I didnt see any great sales, just some left over junk that was barely cheaper than sales tax. However Saber Tactical parts were on sale at a few places, and PA had a $25 off your order plus a free $10 gift card. I used my points in combination with the code and the sale price of an extended Impact rail and some tins for a pretty good deal. And had enough in my paypal account to pay for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: RCope and rsfrid