Bird vs cat?

Who do u think will when? Well, in this case it was the bird, kinda. I was set up in my shootin shed waiting for the starlings to make their appearence and after a few minutes several flew in. Just as I pulled the trigger something spooked them and they flew off. I thought that it would be awhile before they showed up again and wondered what could have spooked them. However, after a few more minutes I think the same two came in. I took the shot and strafed one. It started hollering in distress and I was hoping it would bring in more. Instead, a cat rushed in from the right and was just about ready to grab the starling in its mouth when my neighborhood red tailed hawk flew in from the left and literally snatched the starling from the cat's clutches and flew off. This happened so quick that if I had blinked I would have missed it. The cat was left standing there like a deer in headlights then went trotting off in discuss twitching its tails as if mad. I watched this same hawk consume a dove a couple days ago. When they eat, after the feathers are plucked, everything else goes down the gullet! Amazing raptors.

perspective_.jpg