• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Bird decoys

So I have a very recent post talking about my one permission and how hard it is to get birds to stay soo…after much research I landed on wanting decoys.

Pics attached in their mounted positions. One pic of my regular sparrow customer (chewy) the farm cat as I gave all 3 sparrows to him.

I went looking for decoys (starlings) and found none. I ended up buying some decor style birds and painted the beaks yellow. I just yesterday was finally able to put them to use and ended up with sparrows but I’ll take it!

I have 12 altogether but I set out 5 on the fence to get a feel for how they look and I think they came out fantastic. They are about 75% the size of a starling however they look pretty dang good. I went with them because of the realistic feathers and they have wires on the feet so I can mount them almost anywhere.

This isn’t a review just a preliminary look on how they will work for the big spring season. I ended up moving these to a bush the sparrows frequent to try to trick them into landing less cautiously and it worked!! They came right in and didn’t jump and move around they just sat. I was able to get 3 much quicker than normal so the decoys do actually work.

Not the most informative or interesting post but figured someone else might be interested. I guess the birds assume other birds are there so it must be safe and just throw caution to the wind.

IMG_1354.jpeg

IMG_1349.jpeg

IMG_1350.jpeg

IMG_1356.png

Here’s another..

If you glue clothes pins underneath it makes them easy to clip to branches or fence line.

If you want motion, mount them on a spring and add a little fishing line for giving it a tug. You could also hang something on the fishing line to catch any wind

Here’s another..

If you glue clothes pins underneath it makes them easy to clip to branches or fence line.

If you want motion, mount them on a spring and add a little fishing line for giving it a tug. You could also hang something on the fishing line to catch any wind
Hey good stuff! These look great too.

So I have a very recent post talking about my one permission and how hard it is to get birds to stay soo…after much research I landed on wanting decoys.

Pics attached in their mounted positions. One pic of my regular sparrow customer (chewy) the farm cat as I gave all 3 sparrows to him.

I went looking for decoys (starlings) and found none. I ended up buying some decor style birds and painted the beaks yellow. I just yesterday was finally able to put them to use and ended up with sparrows but I’ll take it!

I have 12 altogether but I set out 5 on the fence to get a feel for how they look and I think they came out fantastic. They are about 75% the size of a starling however they look pretty dang good. I went with them because of the realistic feathers and they have wires on the feet so I can mount them almost anywhere.

This isn’t a review just a preliminary look on how they will work for the big spring season. I ended up moving these to a bush the sparrows frequent to try to trick them into landing less cautiously and it worked!! They came right in and didn’t jump and move around they just sat. I was able to get 3 much quicker than normal so the decoys do actually work.

Not the most informative or interesting post but figured someone else might be interested. I guess the birds assume other birds are there so it must be safe and just throw caution to the wind.

View attachment 436389

View attachment 436390

View attachment 436391

View attachment 436392
I bought some from Amazon. Haven't used them yet.