Bipod, sled or sand bags?

What is your favorite setup and why? I can see next pros and cons:

1. Bipod apparently more mobile, smaller, so more versatile and convenient.
2. Sled is more stable, precise and probably better to sight in new scope, but bulkier. Plus, airguns have almost no recoil comparing to firearm, so probably overkill.
3. Sand bags are cheaper.

What are your thoughts?

i like the caldwell turret rest about the best ..just about anything works in it, its solid but allows movement ... its not ultimate in solid but enough to eliminate the 'heartbeat shakes' ..i can sight in pretty good with it and cover a wide area without adjusting anything .. drawback is its short and has a fairly big footprint, it wont replace a tripod or a bag setup in some situations, but if i can use it, its my first choice ..

Reactions: Cyberness
When I go to the range I like to use bags because I feel like I’m still aiming the gun. My pcp is rather bulky so offhand is painfully shaky but the sandbag really stabilizes. However it just makes the smaller movements more dominant (breathing, movement in shoulder/body/hip etc) so that is kind of a cool difference.

I’ve personally never gotten to try off a bipod though maybe I should get one.

To me a sled is not shooting. Those who can't shoot use them as a crutch, and a huge scope killer. From an accuracy standpoint sandbags. To be mobile in the field a bipod.
The above statement makes absolutely NO sense at all!

All three methods, ( bipod, sled/rifle rest, bags ) are each a way to support and stabilize the gun while shooting from some sort of a bench rest position. These are not used when shooting offhand.

“Sled” is one form of a rifle rest which generally is considered to be a “one piece” unit. Where using a bipod with a rear bag is a “two piece” combination. And the same holds true for front and rear use of bags.

As already very well stated by @Cyberness, each method offers some advantages and or disadvantages. In my opinion the sled / rifle rest offers the most stable position and therefore offers the best in accuracy. One piece rifle rest are used all over the world in class benchrest competition.

I personally use all three methods, but prefer bipod and rear bag jack for pistol shooting and a rifle rest when shooting with a rifle.

ThomasT
1-Pistol Rest.jpg
1-Rifle Rest.jpg