• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bipod on the air cylinder?

Hi,
I just got my new FX Impact M3 in the mail. I have very limited experience with PCP rifles.
I quickly discovered that the original location for the bipod was probably not the most ideal. No wonder why so many gets the extended trigger guard/bipod extension.
Is there any reason why no one seems to attaches the bipod to the air cylinder? It would be very easy to make a ring with a piece of Picatinny rail on it?
I would understand if there was any recoil involved. The tank is exposed to any impacts with or without a bipod on it?

Rudy

I put a bipod sleeve on my HM1000 and it works very well. They are a little expensive though, but very well built.

here's a link https://utahairguns.com/saber-tactical-bottle-clamp-rail-adapter/

and a picture

20220404_114541.1649098149.jpg

Rudy,

I can't say if it's a good or bad thing to mount a bipod on an air cylinder, for me, however, I'm more comfortable not doing so. That's why last November I purchased an FX Impact Gen 2.2 Trigger Guard (black, no cap) from Kraford and Lypt for $95.95 plus $5.18 shipping, for my M3. Four bolts later and the switch was complete. Now, not only do I have a perfectly placed, rock-solid bipod mount but also some extra protection for the bottle. Just putting it out there, best of Luck, WM

I have the same saber tactical bottle adapter, it work but i am not a fan of doing it this way.

Also not a fan of the rifles that have 1-2 " rail just in front of the trigger, IMO the brands should have something that would extend out under the bottle.

And thankfully some brands have also seen the light in this regard, where others seem to not care and leave things like that for the aftermarket segment.

Having a FX Maverick, my only choice is the K & L chassis, which is a lot more than what i actually need.