Bintac quality

Thats not all AEA pcps, I have a big 9 standard i have had for 3 years and not one problem yet it has more power than the M 357 or the rattler. i have to laugh at you people that nock China's ability to build quality. 90 % of everything you buy comes from there Leupold Scopes,Athlon just to name 2. Most of all things made, there components are from China.

View attachment 439474
OP was asking about the s45 specifically so maybe I should’ve noted that the semi autos are notoriously problematic but even the lever actions’ machining quality is meh. Maybe it’s improved dramatically in the last year but when I work on my L2, rattler, or Evanix, compared to the challenger or s45 it’s apples to oranges. I’m happy you’ve had a really good experience but I think there’s overwhelming evidence that shows it’s not the same. All that being said, as I’ve mentioned before, energy to price ratio has a value, for some use cases it would actually be the best option.

Also if you can clock +250fpe on your big 9 (you said it produces more energy than a rattler) can you please upload a video, that’s well over spec but it would be awesome to see!

Finally I do agree with you on the China thing, Huben is based in Hong Kong which I think everyone would have to agree makes excellent products. Modern Bushnell scopes are built in China (or at least the glass comes from there), and Vortex scopes as well which are great products.

OP was asking about the s45 specifically so maybe I should’ve noted that the semi autos are notoriously problematic but even the lever actions’ machining quality is meh. Maybe it’s improved dramatically in the last year but when I work on my L2, rattler, or Evanix, compared to the challenger or s45 it’s apples to oranges. I’m happy you’ve had a really good experience but I think there’s overwhelming evidence that shows it’s not the same. All that being said, as I’ve mentioned before, energy to price ratio has a value, for some use cases it would actually be the best option.

Also if you can clock +250fpe on your big 9 (you said it produces more energy than a rattler) can you please upload a video, that’s well over spec but it would be awesome to see!

Finally I do agree with you on the China thing, Huben is based in Hong Kong which I think everyone would have to agree makes excellent products. Modern Bushnell scopes are built in China (or at least the glass comes from there), and Vortex scopes as well which are great products.
Bernie7,

Have you created any better quality parts, etc. that would enable the S45 semi-autos to become reliable? I agree China gets a bad reputation at times but they do make high quality but it is up to the company contracting the job shop contracts to create the specifications and quality control. They provide many huge square footage manufacturing companies that just do business by accepting job shop contracts for batches of production from many firms and they just make them to whatever they were contracted to do so.

Bintac should just up the specifications and quality components as there is a market for them built to a higher quality like a Huben even for more money, but trying to sell huge power cutting edge products on the cheap is just not good. Come on Bin talk to people like Bernie7 and others whom can tell you the flawed parts, etc. and just change the specs and quality and yes people will buy them at a higher price and then you would have a great reputation like the Huben. I am just got my Huben GK1 and whizzed thru 700 rounds in one weekend shooting them mostly rapid fire, hitting the bullseye and not one jam; the Hubens are quality rock solid and made in China.

Reactions: RAMJET66
Bernie7,

Have you created any better quality parts, etc. that would enable the S45 semi-autos to become reliable? I agree China gets a bad reputation at times but they do make high quality but it is up to the company contracting the job shop contracts to create the specifications and quality control. They provide many huge square footage manufacturing companies that just do business by accepting job shop contracts for batches of production from many firms and they just make them to whatever they were contracted to do so.

Bintac should just up the specifications and quality components as there is a market for them built to a higher quality like a Huben even for more money, but trying to sell huge power cutting edge products on the cheap is just not good. Come on Bin talk to people like Bernie7 and others whom can tell you the flawed parts, etc. and just change the specs and quality and yes people will buy them at a higher price and then you would have a great reputation like the Huben. I am just got my Huben GK1 and whizzed thru 700 rounds in one weekend shooting them mostly rapid fire, hitting the bullseye and not one jam; the Hubens are quality rock solid and made in China.
You know it might be worth a txt… maybe I’ll reach out. For some reason it never crossed my mind to give direct feedback.

On the flip side there’s a guy who just joined the forum. His name is Jim (I’m forgetting his handle), he runs Texoma Precision Pellet https://texomaprecisionpellet.com/shop/product-category/bw-s45-parts/

I think he’s working on some more upgrades.
I might actually experiment as well. I’ll be authorized to use the Bridgeport mill next week, just need to get authorized on the lathe and I can start machining away.

You know it might be worth a txt… maybe I’ll reach out. For some reason it never crossed my mind to give direct feedback.

On the flip side there’s a guy who just joined the forum. His name is Jim (I’m forgetting his handle), he runs Texoma Precision Pellet https://texomaprecisionpellet.com/shop/product-category/bw-s45-parts/

I think he’s working on some more upgrades.
I might actually experiment as well. I’ll be authorized to use the Bridgeport mill next week, just need to get authorized on the lathe and I can start machining away.
I think that would be great! Bin is a cool dude, he is a hardworking guy but I get the sense he is more an air gun shooter and his talent is more marketing and being entrepreneurial, NOT the tech/machinist skills that you and others have. Thus he probably just went to AEA and had them change their existing offerings to make his version but he probably does not know enough to re-engineer the design that those are all crafted from. To me you need to people like you to fix the flaws and either make a complete kit people can install or you restomod people's guns; that or Bin needs people like you to update his offerings. You probably can make some $$ selling kits so long as you provide all the parts that enable them to reliable.

I think that would be great! Bin is a cool dude, he is a hardworking guy but I get the sense he is more an air gun shooter and his talent is more marketing and being entrepreneurial, NOT the tech/machinist skills that you and others have. Thus he probably just went to AEA and had them change their existing offerings to make his version but he probably does not know enough to re-engineer the design that those are all crafted from. To me you need to people like you to fix the flaws and either make a complete kit people can install or you restomod people's guns; that or Bin needs people like you to update his offerings. You probably can make some $$ selling kits so long as you provide all the parts that enable them to reliable.
I think the first step is making a repository of all the reported problems and attack top down in order of severity of problem multiplied by the number of people experiencing it. Feel free to add an exhaustive list of your issues with as much detail as possible

I only shoot 135-150ish grain but, watch this aea 357 big bore

The numbers here are from 3800 fill, i can go as high as 4500 psi.,

357_challenger_154gr.jpg

Reactions: Bernie7
I 2nd so much of what's been said in this thread. Semi autos, garbage. Had a gen 1 .35 terminator and only about 1/3 of the time could I cycle through the 10 shot magazine without a jam. Not to mention the trigger pull weight which maxed out one spring operated trigger weight tester that I tried without firing. Be ready to replace the valve pin every 1000 rounds or less. Mine broke its sliding rod balancer too.

I like my challenger bullpup with upgraded valve but as others have noticed these things could benefit greatly from higher quality components. Had to replace the sear on mine which broke. To his credit, bin offered to send me a new part for free but I never wanted that problem again so instead opted to replace the part with one made from hardened tool steel like a wrench is made from rather than that cheap and weak pot metal or whatever it is that has that spongy texture inside. Shameless way to cut cost and I think I speak for everyone when I say that we would rather pay even a few hundred bucks more to have a version with quality components.
1000000927.jpg
1000000925.jpg

Last edited:
😍 Thanks for the vid! Love Mr Hollowpoint too. His stuff is a bit on the expensive side but he has such a massive offering of shapes and sizes. Also a pleasure to deal with
Very well said Sir, maybe I just got lucky and got a good one? In order for change to happen the people that have had problem's no matter how big or small call the dealer and if he or she cares about their customers they will have no choice but to relay back to AEA the company or even have a site with everyone's complaints and send it or whatever to get it to whoever needs that info to make these changes. I feel for those who spent 100's of dollars for a short term pcp. Your voices need to be heard by the ones who can make change.