• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

BinTac B&W S45/357

Status
Not open for further replies.
BinTac/AEA is releasing the semi-auto s45 in 35 caliber. I know there have been some problems with the 45 caliber but I'm thinking that in 35 caliber will probably be a lot better, won't have as much problem pushing those slugs. And a plus is ammo will be cheaper for it. The listing for it says 170 FPE. Obviously it's not as powerful as the s45 but having a semi-auto that is that compact that can produce that type of energy and hopefully not have any of the jamming problems that the 45 cal has had would be quite the woods walking Hunter.

MOD EDIT: REMOVED SELF-DEFENSE REFERENCE. Please refer to the rules

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh snap someone’s breaking in! I hope the tank didn’t leak and it’s not a paperweight.

😮‍💨 there’s still pressure, time to chamber a round!

Wtf! My plastic magazine just broke and the spring popped out.

Oh ****, is the breech seal damaged!?!?

Wait maybe I can still put a round down range!

*Shoots intruder with the equivalent of .22LR*

Robber- “I was gonna steal something but now my life is in danger, time to kill the threat” *Pulls out pb* pew pew!

You lay there regretting your decision to use something that’s so unreliable and (comparatively) weak while things slowly fade to black…

A whole 170 fpe?
standard defense loads of 9mm better than double that and a good compact will hold 12 rounds. Use Plus P and the fpe gets into the mid 400 range.
Mods, sorry for discussing PB’s here but people really need to disabuse themselves of thinking of air guns as viable self defense. Dangerous thinking that may get them or someone they love killed.

Oh snap someone’s breaking in! I hope the tank didn’t leak and it’s not a paperweight.

😮‍💨 there’s still pressure, time to chamber a round!

Wtf! My plastic magazine just broke and the spring popped out.

Oh ****, is the breech seal damaged!?!?

Wait maybe I can still put a round down range!

*Shoots intruder with the equivalent of .22LR*

Robber- “I was gonna steal something but now my life is in danger, time to kill the threat” *Pulls out pb* pew pew!

You lay there regretting your decision to use something that’s so unreliable and (comparatively) weak while things slowly fade to black…

Yikes ! Yeah never think to use any airgun as a primary defense weapon.

Sure it could be used as one …. Even a pencil or bat makes a weapon of defense . It doesn’t mean it’s ideal

Just because it could doesn’t mean it should …

I never said it was ideal or it was the only option, I just said it could be used for one. If you had to use an air gun for a self-defense weapon, you probably want the most powerful one you can get your hands on 🤷

Certainly however that’s not an airguns primary mission.

I don’t think airguns and self defense are used in the same sentence often on these forums.

Certainly however that’s not an airguns primary mission.

I don’t think airguns and self defense are used in the same sentence often on these forums.
I understand that, but I think AEA making a big bore semi-automatic pistol, this only has a 9-in barrel on it, I think people buying this, self-defense is going to be one of their main selling points. Obviously this isn't going to be as good for hunting as a regular PCP bolt action rifle in the same caliber would be. Everyone always pictures of felon having to use one of these for self-defense, but that's not the only reason someone would. Some people just don't want to go through the hassle of trying to get a real gun, or they live with someone who is a felon. And there are just some crazy people who don't want the government knowing what they have so they don't want to go through the proper channels to get a "real firearm" they would rather get one of these sent to them and have no one know about it.

I'm just saying that a gun shaped like this, as short as it is, as powerful as it is, it's not really being made to be a proper hunting PCP gun. With that short barrel you're going to have good accuracy at maybe 50 yards if you're lucky. Me personally, I would not use this for no more than probably 25 to 35 yd for hunting, I have an AEA Challenger bullpup 50 cal for that and a Benjamin bulldog 357. I just think that the main selling point of this is going to be for a truck gun, something to carry with you when you're walking through the woods and you stumble upon an animal that's close range, and yes for somebody to have beside their bed to make them feel better if someone breaks in.

Reactions: FLPigSticker
Airguns are for sport and recreational use. The last thing we want is more regulation, so the "self/home-defense" topic will always remain sensitive.

That said, depending on where you live, I do not find it surprising that some people are looking for alternatives to defend themselves. In my country we can't even carry pepperspray for self defense, let alone a firearm. Sure, a bat or a tire iron might be more effective, but then you have to engage at close range, which is a lot more scary than pressing a button from a distance. Especially if you are not physically strong or particularly brave.

I don't recommend buying an airgun with that purpose in mind though, because as Perle said, it's generally not what they are designed to do. It can give you a false sense of security which can cost you dearly.

Reactions: FLPigSticker
Status
Not open for further replies.